Me

Scruffy

Active User
Registered
My father passed away Sunday July 4 2021. He was a good man, enlisted in the army in 1951 at age 17 was in Korea before he was 18.
Never spoke of it. I was taught to be he man I'm to day by him. He was born 6-4-1933.
Thanks I needed somewhere to unload
Scruffy ron

So Sorry.

I cannot imagine going to Korea at such a young age, I can see why he never talked about it. Keep the memories alive. I lost my father a little under ten years ago, hard to believe, still seems like a few days ago.

Ron,
I can't say how proud i am to hear that your father served this country.
We all owe him a debt of gratitude.
Heroes from Korea rarely speak of their deeds, at least in my experience.
it must have been hell over there.

I'll raise a glass, in his honor, and to you as well !

may you find peace in knowing a great man.

I am sorry for your loss.

Sorry to hear that Ron. My Mom and Dad have been gone a number of years now but I still think of them daily. When I think of all that they had to overcome to get to where they did I am always struck. If I should be half as much as they were I would be blessed. I bet your father was some proud of you and how you turned out, I get that feeling.

-frank

Sorry to hear the sad new Scruffy, it's never easy loosing loved ones, my condolences

Sorry to hear that Scruffy. I am still lucky enough to have my dad around and living close to me. I already try to make the time to spend with him while I can but this is another reminder to keep doing it every day.

Sorry for your loss.
Martin

I'm sorry to hear of your father's passing. I hope that it was a gentle one.

Fourth of July will be extra special for you now
My condolences

Back