Mental age

If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself when I was younger.

Tom

I like to think that I work smarter now...... I plan more time for big jobs, and I plan them out much better, including having the right tools on hand before I start.

I guess some accidental wisdom has snuck into my senility.

-brino

Much respect to you guys who are in or around your 70s because not only are you guys active in your hobbies but also tech savvy enough to be on a forum offering advice. I can only hope that I can follow in your foot steps. I'm looking forward to retirement so I can get out of the rat race and start living life in the slow lane doing things I really want to do now (my job is what I loved when I was younger so I was/am lucky in that respect).

Not sure where my mental age is as I think it kind of wanders around a little from being a kid to enjoying my life experiences of 72 years. Although now I am definitely working smart taking time to plan projects out so I do not “paint myself into a corner”. So yes I have learned may things, standing in that corner, over the years and try to put them into practice hear and there. Although I still enjoy the “what the heck lets see what happens” moments of life.

I don't know if there is any virtue in being young of mind. I hope I'm a lot wiser than I was when I was young. I'd hate to think I didn't learn anything in my 64 years of life.

And what is the target age for those of youthful mind? Terrible twos?

I'll be 73 next month, and having had a total ankle joint replacement 6 weeks ago I feel every bit of that, but I'm getting stronger every day. Mentally? I've read 6 books during my forced inactivity, built a patio shelf out of an old pickup running board, and helped my son repair our wrecked racecar, I guess I'm almost 73 years young.

I’m a young 78 still trying to play in my shop have duplicates of tools as only way to find them when I need them don’t rush into this old age not what it’s cracked out to be you do get lots of lovely arthritis fingers don’t always play fair so taking longer to complete a project but always fun and to get away from the wife of 54 years

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Back