Messy work bench....

If I put it away where it goes, I can never find it when I need it, and wind up getting another. If I leave it where it is at I can find it with a little digging but I can find it.

Haha. No no. Organized chaos, but organized. Everything has a home and I know where it is when it's not on the bench.
you must not have fifty thousand items--- or you have quite the memory

I have a terrible memory, but apparently a selective one, according to my wife. I can't remember what I had for breakfast, or that she has an appointment this afternoon, or what her work schedule is, but I can remember where all 50 thousand items belong, or where I left off on that project in the mill vise. Lol.

My truck is the same. I have a contractor cap on the back, the driver side lift up door is a tool box. 6' long, 16" high, two shelves, and another 10 thousand items.
One of the guys will ask if I have something and I'll list off exactly where it is tucked in the chaos. "Shawn, do you have a scoobli-dongle-ricken-spak wrench?", "Top shelf, on the left, halfway over, beside the box of crapen-gong plugs...."

I have a terrible memory, but apparently a selective one, according to my wife. I can't remember what I had for breakfast, or that she has an appointment this afternoon, or what her work schedule is, but I can remember where all 50 thousand items belong, or where I left off on that project in the mill vise. Lol.

My truck is the same. I have a contractor cap on the back, the driver side lift up door is a tool box. 6' long, 16" high, two shelves, and another 10 thousand items.
One of the guys will ask if I have something and I'll list off exactly where it is tucked in the chaos. "Shawn, do you have a scoobli-dongle-ricken-spak wrench?", "Top shelf, on the left, halfway over, beside the box of crapen-gong plugs...."
But where did the 'Kumber-Buzzle' go? My son uses that phrase when attempting to work on anything mechanical. I did my best, really I tried.

I'm almost too embarrassed to post pictures of my (4) messed up benches. Not to mention my 'puter repair bench in the house.
I believe it can be referred to as 'F.S.S.' - Flat Surface Syndrome. T.M.P.T.L.S. - Too Many Possessions - Too Little Space.
Position or make available _any_ flat surface in the shop or in the house and I'll have it crapped up in no time flat.

There is a law in physics , angle of recline , or something like that, where something reaches a certain height, then slides off. Benches aren't messy until you reach that point,.

Nice, Dave, but did you pile all the stuff on the other workbenches?
no Bob I put most of it away neatly in my other shop---my benches in my other shops have no more room to pile more on so that wasn't even an option---Dave

Back