Metal clock from wooden clock plans

Do you think you may have actually had the limit, or do I need to investigate a possible problem in the PM system?

Do you think you may have actually had the limit, or do I need to investigate a possible problem in the PM system?

I wasn't anywhere close. Definitely just a handful. Don't investigate on my account but you may have a systemic issue to deal with that may affect others. Your call.

Hi all
I have a number of sets of "wooden" clock plans all in pdf format. These are all free to use except for commercial purposes. If there is enough interest in them I'll send the files to anyone who wants them . These are NOT my designs, but include the contact details of the designers and sources for dxf files.
My interest is that I'm attempting to make one out of perspex and lit with leds.... early days on this for me and i'm still working on the how to stage.

Send me a pm if you are interested or email me stephen.french@fsmail.net

Well I got the plans for the "Brian Law" clock #1. Gonna try doing it in wood and acrylic gears. Got the acrylic really cheap so it won over aluminum. So if it's to soft I'll have lots of experience in cutting the gears anyway.
Gonna try once more to get Steve French's plans. Seems to be some confusion, I think on my part to get the message to him.
dickr

I know this is an old thread, but I don't see any reason why a wooden clock plan can't be modified to be made from brass. You would probably want to scale the gears down to a much smaller size while maintaining the tooth counts. Obviously, the pendulum length would not scale.

Many wooden clock plans I see appear to be scaled up versions of traditional clock designs. All clocks are doing the same thing, which is converting the pendulum swing into rotation of the hour and minute hands. The gear ratios are the same.

Steve

I've been looking at several different plans for wooden clocks with the idea of using those plans for making a metal clock. Wall type, not having made a clock before I'm wondering if that is practical ? Clayton Boyer, Nick Andronis, and Brian Law have some interesting clocks, but Clayton's plans are all for tracing onto wood. I like some of Laws because he gives all the dimensions and can work in metric or imperial. The machining is not a problem (only time) if I can rely on the blueprints/plans.
Any comments would be appreciated
PS
I notice that Brian's clocks all seem to be metal (and beautiful) but I think he makes them up (plans) himself.
dickr

I think you can buy a clock kit just raw materials an plans .you probably can find someone in England through the internet.
I have some of their literature. But out of date.....

Back