Mill Choices - Advice

FYI, "rigidity" is not only a word, but it is the perfect word to describe the massive amount of vibration dampening the cast iron in Bridgeports and other large mills offer.

For some reason... the spell check on my box flags 'rigidity'...

Perhaps spell check is not a good concept... <grin>

I am using the PM-932M-PDF a lot more than I thought I would.

This mill has been excellent so far, in every way. The only thing that was no fun was installing the DRO, but I'm glad I did. It's made my life nice and really speeds some things up for me.

It's helped me be able to make a lot of my own tooling and it's been good and accurate for my daily work.

I went in deep in tooling and have everything I need for the most part. The last big tool I want, for now, is a good rotary table. I got a dividing head and that thing is neat and allows me to do some fun stuff.

So far, I'm happy with the choice, but really I've only had it a few months. If I run into any issues I'll report back so others can know.

Thanks for the advice yall.

I'm having a hard time deciding.

My tools are sitting on a residential garage floor so the weight does matter.

Consider the G0760. This is listed as a Mill-Drill but I use it mostly as a mill. Heavy machine,about 850 lbs. The picture on the website shows a power feed. The description does not mention a power feed but mine came with it.R-8 spindle,and belt driven .Round column which pose no problems at all for me. A lot of mill for the price, $1650.00 plus shipping.The only problem I had was some slop in the fine down feed. Easily overcome by going up to attain exact height instead of down. Similar to a wood working table saw,raise the blade for exact height instead of lowering it.
Have used this machine about 8 months so far.

mike

Back