Milling Attachment

Although $500 seems high (the Clausing one doesn't seem to be significantly stouter that the similar ones for the Atlas 10/12 and they seldom go over $250), I'll play devils advocate here. By the time you get it decently tooled, even a small mill will have you well into four figures. And take up a whole lot more space. If you really don't need a mill more frequently than every few years, you're probably better off with the attachment, which will take up very little space. The only exception would be if you are prescient and know ahead of time that the one future job will be too large to do with the attachment.
  • :whistle:
Robert D.

I wasn't taking it personal.. Just curious at why a question about an attachment would draw a dislike.

And the dislike actually drew in some more replies and interest! :))

A 500 dollar attachment that would be rarely used is to high a price for me. As much as I'd like to have it.. it's to much. I really want a Bridgeport or Clausing vertical mill so I'll continue to save some coin and watch the classifieds and auction sites..

Thanks to all who replied. Even you Ski.!.! :rofl:

Hard to go wrong with a mill. If you enjoy the lathe you will have no problem finding uses for a mill

Well Ski.. you clicked dislike.. Care to tell me / us why? What don't you like about my question?:dunno:

I would not lose sleep of that, I got them, Keith Fenner/ Tubalcain gets them but I still think the wrong button was hit. Nothing wrong with
your question. Myself I have never used dislike. If I am not in aggreement, I just move on. And back to the subject, I think they are a little
overpriced on ebay and such, you may consider making one. Not difficult.

sam

A good example on Craigslist today. An Enco mill/drill in good condition. Owner is asking $550, but I would bet that $500 would take it.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/tls/4449258877.html

GG

I wish it was closer.. I might own it by now..:rofl:

I've seen a couple like that but the timing hasn't been right- by the time I contact them.. it's been sold. And I've seen a lot worse selling for a lot more!

Last edited:
Well Ski.. you clicked dislike.. Care to tell me / us why? What don't you like about my question?:dunno:
I sure wish I knew what I did! I am trying to find where I can reverse that.I hav not read one thing here that I dislike!

I sure wish I knew what I did! I am trying to find where I can reverse that.I hav not read one thing here that I dislike!

The 'Dislike' button has been removed since it was used several weeks ago. Apparently it was clicked on by accident, so I am pretty sure we can just let it go and forget about it. Thanks for posting back, though, Ski!

Begging Terry's forgiveness (since he beat me to it and it's easier to ask for forgiveness than approval), I'm going to add this comment here as it saves almost a complete screen height to say this. We discussed the "Dislike" button after it got accidentally clicked and Management reported that it showed up by default as part of some software update he installed. And he didn't notice it at the time. After the accident, he went back and looked, and found and turned off the button and the report. We apologize for the button being there to begin with. Robert D.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's all good Ski! "We" knew it was probably an accident and am glad you came back and we cleared the air! :victory:

Oh, I did get a Palmgren, just haven't made time to try it out...

Back