Milling machine power feed

Ben17484

Registered
Registered
Hi All,

I’ve a ToolCo VM32 and am looking for a power feed for at least the X axis. I’m a bit lost as to how to figure out what will be a straight fit. It’s very similar to a lot of Warco/PM/Weiss etc mills, so I’m guessing a bunch of you will already have power feeds fitted on a very similar (if not identical) machine. Could someone post eBay links to something that will just fit?

1d6c7c644805545105a1c6b7df394137.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There seems to be only one model made for our mill drills. Mine is a RF 30 and the design is adjustable. The “manual” was not very instructive so I had to rely on my mechanic’s sense. i got mine off eBay. They are all made in China but depending on who rebadges them can have vastly different prices.

They are very universall in design, and the horizontal mount fits all of the small asian mills. IIRC, when I bought mine for my old RF-31, it came with a few extra bits to cope with variances. It was a very straightforward install. It's one of the best improvements you can make on your mill.

They are very universall in design, and the horizontal mount fits all of the small asian mills. IIRC, when I bought mine for my old RF-31, it came with a few extra bits to cope with variances. It was a very straightforward install. It's one of the best improvements you can make on your mill.

When you say universal in design, do you mean nearly all power feeds fit nearly all mills?

The most common one I see on eBay looks like this:

96a7af9b38a295a75433b83151775c6a.jpg

Would that style fit? (Assuming I had the mill on a stand so the part sticking down wouldn’t wedge in to the bench)

Dunno. But it’s not just the bench, in your case it’s the drip pan and even the base of the mill that could hit. Also it would have to be mounted on the right where the other is mounted on the left because of the lever. In my case I like it on the left as I use the handwheel on the right for fine adjust. But I guess it’s what you get used to.

I suspect many/most of the Chinese feeds are very similar. I see the plastic gears that are most commonly broken advertised for may brands. I'd hate to be w/o an X-feed. Better finishes and got to love the rapid button.

Yup, was my very first mod and can’t live without it. Bought one years before I got a DRO.

Hi All,

I’ve a ToolCo VM32 and am looking for a power feed for at least the X axis. I’m a bit lost as to how to figure out what will be a straight fit. It’s very similar to a lot of Warco/PM/Weiss etc mills, so I’m guessing a bunch of you will already have power feeds fitted on a very similar (if not identical) machine. Could someone post eBay links to something that will just fit?

1d6c7c644805545105a1c6b7df394137.jpg

Your mill looks similar to the Little Machine Shop Bench Mills:

IMG_6059.jpeg

LMS has several variants of X-Axis power feeds, all of which mount horizontally:

IMG_6056.jpeg

I suggest that you reach out (info@littlemachineshop.com) to them and see if what they have will fit. They are friendly and helpful.

Back