Millrite Moving Methods?

Pictured: Funny-looking marks.

View attachment 451653

That's literally the only picture I have, right now...but I'll get some more in a few. Washing the Toyota at the moment, so I'm not untarping anything until the water spray goes away. But it doesn't look so terrible, there.
That's called "Hand Scraped" That means that someone at the factory actually took the time to make sure it was as close to flat as humanly possible. On some very cheap machines it is supposedly done for oil retention and to give it the look of hand scraping. All high quality machines even today are "Hand Scraped"

Pictured: Funny-looking marks.

View attachment 451653

That's literally the only picture I have, right now...but I'll get some more in a few. Washing the Toyota at the moment, so I'm not untarping anything until the water spray goes away. But it doesn't look so terrible, there.
That means it's not worn out. There should be similar scraping marks on the column. Keep way oil on those surfaces and it will last you a long time. Also, don't forget to lubricate Z axis lead screw, when that gets dry, the knee tends to stick and jump when lowering. When it is lubricated well, it should glide easily up and down.

Pictured: Le Millrite.

PXL_20230622_203658086.PORTRAIT.jpg

Pictured: Entirely too much stuffs.

PXL_20230622_203722202.PORTRAIT.jpg

Believe it or not, some of the ratchet straps have already been removed; these are just the primary ones that are left over.

Pictured: Lathe...and other things, again.

PXL_20230622_203734115.PORTRAIT.jpg

Pictured: Baby punch press.

PXL_20230622_203807869.PORTRAIT.jpg

Pictured: Free vise.

PXL_20230622_203627217.jpg

Pictured: More mill-bits.

PXL_20230622_203849062.PORTRAIT.jpg

That's all I took; it got hot outside and I'm still rearranging thinking in the garage. Everything needs a bath and it's all in a state of partial disassembly, but it's mostly there.

Last edited:
It's like a shop in a box!

I could have gotten more, but I was out of room and weight. There's still a cylindrical grinder, a pantograph, a gear hobber, two punch presses, etc, etc. But yeah, I think it was a decent score. The lathe looks rough but it passed my initial inspection...and the fact that this stuff came from the shop of a guy that made toy trains for seventy years kind of tells me that it's been taken care of. Every single piece we loaded, he took twenty minutes to tell me all about what to do and not do with it, what oil it likes best, when he bought it, where it came from, how many parts he'd made on it, etc.

Pictured: One down...four to go.

PXL_20230624_015206820.jpg

To be honest, I'm not sure that it'll stay right here...but this is kind of a decent spot for it. I'll probably shove it around a bit tomorrow and remove some of the rack storage that's on the wall, there...or turn it into a tool shelf. Hmmm...

Back