[4]

Milwaukee 1850 Drill

• Thread starter Deleted member 17524
  • Start date
[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!
D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
Found this today at a machine sale. 3/4 chuck. It's looks new, well kept. $20.00. No machines though. Someone bought the lot yesterday.

"Billy G"

102_0091 (650 x 488).jpg

genec

Active User
Registered
Excellent find they don't make them much better than Milwaukee, with the portable drill stand they become even more useful.
:tiphat:
For some reason it will not let me send a message says I need five more characters, here they are Donald duck, mickey mouse, snow white, daisy duck, and Spiderman.

Tony Wells

Platinum
Registered
Good ol arm buster. Nice find, Bill.

gdsenn

Registered
Be careful with that drill, if it catches with your finger on the trigger it will hurt you.:whiteflag:

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
Be careful with that drill, if it catches with your finger on the trigger it will hurt you.:whiteflag:
Been there ; Done that. I had one quite some time ago. Broke my finger once, only once. You don't need one often, but when you do, you are glad to have it.

"Billy G"

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
Weighs in at 16 lbs. and start torque will twist it right out of your hands.

"Billy G"

rdhem2

Active User
Registered
Was running one of those once with a 18" long, 1 1/4" electricians auger, three steps up the ladder. Hit a nail plate on the hidden far side. Wound me up, sucked me off the ladder with my hand on the trigger pinned against a stud. When the carpenters tired of the view one of them finally unplugged the drill. Drill was fine, me, not so fine. Gotta respect 'em!

icore3user

Active User
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
those are the models where you want to make sure the ground plug is intact, I personally hate hole hawgs by Milwaukee for drilling with auger bits, which is why I used a bunch of cheap 3/4 spade bits and a faster vsr drill to drill out studs when I run nmc or cat5 cable , the holes come out cleaner too. I agree you got to have respect for those things, but I rather use my trusty skilsaw with the guard pinned up all day then drill with one of those. I seen to many guys get twisted on the hidden nails, especially here in CA where they shear panel so many walls now a days and nails are practically unavoidable.

- Al

Charley Davidson

Active User
Registered
I'm scared to death of those & the older I get the more scared I get

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
They are intimidating Charley, but useful even if you only need it once. I have core drills to use with this one. My son-in-law loves it. He used it today to cut a 6 inch hole thru 10 inches of concrete with Blue Stone in it. He wouldn't say ho long it took, but I doubt it took too long as I let him use a new unused Core Drill. I'll bet the diamond core drill ate it right up. Blue Stone is tough stuff.

"Billy G"

Tony Wells

Platinum
Registered
Reminded me of this:

[video=youtube;lXdFsU4Gcfk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXdFsU4Gcfk[/video]

george wilson

Global Moderator
Staff member
I have a real powerful Porter Cable industrial quality 1/2" drill I bought back before they went into cheap stuff. It is geared down to 850 RPM. I was drilling 3/4" holes in big bronze castings when making a full size 18th. C. repro fire engine. The first hole I drilled

grabbed the bronze and it's a good thing I had quick reflexes!! After that,I quit being too hasty,and ground the flutes go the bit vertical for about 1/32". Then,it did not grab the bronze. I still have that drill today. It is pretty much a normal sized drill but with a side handle.

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
Tony, after what just transpired that made my day. Got any more?

"Billy G"

kd4gij

Active User
Registered
I have a simeller milwaukee drill. That thing will turn the world.

Tony Wells

Platinum
Registered
Tony, after what just transpired that made my day. Got any more?

"Billy G"

Actually, I think I do. Some time back an uncle sent me a bunch of tool "commercials". I'll see if I can find them.

KBeitz

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
I had a 1/2" that I was just a little scared of... Then I got this 1"....

Large Hand drill.JPG

[6]
[5] [7]