Moving this machine

Slide the head out and lift under the headstock ram . Easy job with a forklift . :encourage:
I believe that is the way, renting a skytrak, since my mover flaked. Yes, Lagun

FTV-1 or 2 ? Either are nice mills . Put a couple 2 x 4s on the forks and you'll be good to go .

I moved my Bridgeport by the eyehook (as shown in the manual). Mine is 5/8"-11. I used a HF gantry crane with a 2-ton chain fall and adjusted the ram to find the balance point. HF recommends to NOT move an elevated load via their gantry crane's casters. I sat the BP to the ground, moved the crane so the BP was at one side, lifted, moved it with the trolley on the crane to the opposite side, lowered the BP, rolled the crane to a new position and repeated. Stay safe!

Bruce

From the side vents looks like an Acra mill, which would mean metric on the ram threads. What will you use to lift it? I've gotten very fond of heavy duty straps for lifting. Much kinder than chains. If everything is free you could flip the head upside down and and rotate the head to the rear to balance out the knee, saddle, and table. Good luck with the move. Mike

Have you considered renting a drop bed trailer, the one where the bed lowers to ground level, then raises for transportation? I rented one from sunbelt rental to move my Excello. I moved mill onto, off of trailer with pallet jack. Was easy and safe, no lifting involved loading or unloading.
The machine was already on 4x4's which you would of course have to do.

Have you considered renting a drop bed trailer, the one where the bed lowers to ground level, then raises for transportation? I rented one from sunbelt rental to move my Excello. I moved mill onto, off of trailer with pallet jack. Was easy and safe, no lifting involved loading or unloading.
The machine was already on 4x4's which you would of course have to do.
I have never seen a drop trailer, around here, of course that doesn't mean they don't exist. I have considered it though, the mill is close to a metro area(tulsa)Tulsa, so they probably are available.

I posted a video of moving a bridgeport a few days ago. All I'm gonna say is if I'd take five minutes to remove those 4 bolts connecting the turret to the column, and moved it as two pieces when it was still standing, I wouldn't have had to remove those four bolts and move it as two pieces after it fell on its face.

I posted a video of moving a bridgeport a few days ago. All I'm gonna say is if I'd take five minutes to remove those 4 bolts connecting the turret to the column, and moved it as two pieces when it was still standing, I wouldn't have had to remove those four bolts and move it as two pieces after it fell on its face.
I used a 1 x 1 x 1/4” wall square tube under the turret lip at the diameter to pick my son’s BP base, (column, knee, table assy), with a nylon sling centered after removing the Ram/ Head assy. Seems like it was about 14” long. Takes about 500 lb.(?) off the total weight.

I certainly appreciate all the input. It's a big investment for me, and I'm not taking it lightly. I need the additional capability.

Back