MQL cutting fluids (no oils)

I also cannot stand to walk through the front entrance of most large department stores. This is because, this is where they have their perfume counters and these strong smells instantly give me head aches. There are others, hair spray on someone leaves me choking!
Pretty much the same. The cleaning aisle at the supermarket is also hard for me - the perfumes in the cleaning agents, like washing machine detergent gives me headaches. Once one has been sensitized, lots of things that most people find benign becomes quite intense. Better than not being able to sense smell at all.

If it gets smoky at all, I have to bail out of there for a while, as the fumes give me near migraine headaches.
I went back out and tried the coconut oil with just enough olive oil to make it liquid. It does smoke, but it isn't offensive at all.

Reactions: B2
That's good. Although it doesn't stink, it might not be good for people. But at least it passes the stink test. I may try it out next week!

I don't think olive and coconut will give you any real trouble. Maybe some random heavy aldehydes at worst. The coconut has a really high flash point, it's up there with peanut and castor as that goes.

Have you tried Kool Mist 77( or some other coolant made specifically for misters ), and adjust the mixture so that it's just barely putting out a mist? I set mine so you just about have to hold something in the stream to see if it causes beads to form, and the mist is barely visible. Running for hours at a time only consumes 6-8oz of a mix that's diluted 30:1. So it's basically 97% water. The amount of the coolant concentrate itself amounts to 1/4-1/3oz. I think a major cause of folks having issues with mist coolers is they have it adjusted way too "rich". If it still irritates you even with it leaned out, maybe try one of the "fog buster" style dispensers?

I use Jancy Slugger in the manner you describe. It irritates the back of my sinuses and I'll have a headache for 24hrs. It's not life shattering, but I'd still prefer to avoid it.

Back