MSC (probably JET) shear

It cut a 14" legal paper about 3/4 of the way, then folded it. It looks like the bed is worn on the right side, and maybe the bed can be rotated?

It cut a 14" legal paper about 3/4 of the way, then folded it. It looks like the bed is worn on the right side, and maybe the bed can be rotated?
?? Right side? Mine starts cutting on the right side, shearing to the left. Is the back bolt brace adjusted? How do the upper and lower blades look? Chips, nicks, dents? Like somebody putting something too big and jumping on it?

I have a feeling we are going to get a Tennsmith...are these any good?
If it’s a 3n1 looking like the one you’ve got, same thing, just different sticker. I think they like so many things are made by the same factory and sold to different distributors. Tennsmith used to make good stuff.

I think we are looking solely at a shear, the Tennsmith model 36, with a foot pedal. Trying to make it fairly compact as our space is tight.

I recently bought a Shop Fox M1042. 24” 3 in 1 machine . I believe most of these imports are similar in style and adjustments . Right out of the box it was pretty much unusable . The capscrews holding the blade stuck out so far that they hit the bed when trying to shear . After taking them over to the lathe and removing a little for the clearance the next step was setting the bed to blade adjustment . I removed the bed and filed the edges where the bed slides on the base when making adjustments then a light coat of grease during it’s assembly. Using the recommended .002” feeler gauge to set the clearance between the blade and bed across the complete width . It did take some time and a few cut off feeler gauges trying to get it correct it seem to do what it was supposed to . Maybe try what I did or more by taking the blade off to inspect you’ll be able to get yours cutting or at least know the blade and base need sharpening .

Attachments

• 49EC6D51-9CDC-476C-923E-C8F056F85E2E.jpeg
    49EC6D51-9CDC-476C-923E-C8F056F85E2E.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 5
Back