[4]

MSC rant

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

woodchucker

Registered
Registered
Well, my sons bday is coming up next week. He just got a 3d Printer, so I thought I would get him a deburring tool set.
I wanted a mixed blade set like I had got from Enco years ago. Tried MSC.. what a rip off. The shipping should be nearer 1/2 the price. This is why I don't buy from MSC.

noga_mscdirect.jpg

Karl_T

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Platinum Supporter ($50)
Yep, MSC does not want the hobbyist market. that's why they closed Enco.

My son is supervisor at a huge company's prototype shop. He gets calls and perks to order from them, always 25% off list, often MUCH better. Shipping is free. Now, he does spend $100K on tooling every year.

.LMS.

Lathe Noob
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
They give free UPS shipping on orders over $50, at least to former ENCO customers like me. And I don't think I am special - I probably only spend a couple hundred dollars per year with them.

Yea - the shipping cost on that is crazy. But, I have to believe threre's something else you'd want in that zillion page catalog to get you to $50.... :big grin:

woodchucker

Registered
Registered
I am former Enco, and they offered me another special deal a one client if I remember the name, they still are higher than most everyone else.

FLguy

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
Mc Master-Carr....$$$$$ but what you want is in stock and shipping charges are very good plus fast delivery.

woodchucker

Registered
Registered
Mc Master-Carr....$$$$$ but what you want is in stock and shipping charges are very good plus fast delivery.
unfortunately they did not have the assortment I was looking for, for him.

RandyM

H-M Supporter - Commercial Member
Staff member
H-M Supporter - Commercial Member
Yep, MSC does not want the hobbyist market. that's why they closed Enco.

My son is supervisor at a huge company's prototype shop. He gets calls and perks to order from them, always 25% off list, often MUCH better. Shipping is free. Now, he does spend $100K on tooling every year.
Yeah, I always wait until I have enough to get the savings as well. I think once a month they offer a 35% deal, definitely worth waiting for.

Ken from ontario

H-M Supporter - Silver Member
H-M Supporter - Silver Member ($10)
Higher shipping charge than the item you ordered? Up here that's something we're all familiar with but at least you usually receive your order within a week.

Last edited:
A

abunai

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
Try Amazon.
Look for the free shipping items.
Shipping to us here is almost always high. Sometimes as much as the item itself, at some places.

MrWhoopee

H-M Supporter - Silver Member
H-M Supporter - Silver Member ($10)
Yup, Amazon and eBay are getting a lot more of my $. Come to think of it, so is AliExpress. MSC is one of the last places I look, when I can't find it ANYWHERE else.

markba633csi

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
I've been using Zoro lately, some good prices there usually (they're an offshoot of Grainger) free ship for 50$ and single item ship is often only 5
Mark

Last edited:

Cobra

Active User
Here in Canada I moved to KBC. Great company and great service.

[6]
[5] [7]