music

Music of a different sort.
His workmanship is unbelieveable, and listening to this engine is like music to my ears.. so pleasant.

you know how sometimes you hear the lyrics to a song incorrectly...
well today I found out the song name Sex on Fire , not this Sax is on Fire..
I always thought the lyrics were saying this Sax is on Fire...
Oh well, chalk up another doh.

I’ll see your Eve of Destruction and raise you with my fav that’s been ringing in my memory since things went south in February:

Had not heard that song for fifty years. Brought back (faded) memories.
John.

Had not heard that song for fifty years. Brought back (faded) memories.
John.
Quicksilver was one of my favorite bands in high school. This song made it to the underground radio stations briefly. They were way ahead of their time. I‘m always surprised when anybody outside of CA has heard of them as they used to play locally when I was still in grade school along with Santana, Big Brother and the Holding Company, Canned Heat, Jefferson Airplane and many others. I was too young to go but saw the flyers. Should have kept the flyers as they were iconic psychedelic art.

Quicksilver was one of my favorite bands in high school. This song made it to the underground radio stations briefly. They were way ahead of their time. I‘m always surprised when anybody outside of CA has heard of them as they used to play locally when I was still in grade school along with Santana, Big Brother and the Holding Company, Canned Heat, Jefferson Airplane and many others. I was too young to go but saw the flyers. Should have kept the flyers as they were iconic psychedelic art.
Hey Tony:

Quicksilver was one of my favorite bands too -- a little later in life than you -- along with all the others you mention. I grew up in the desert southwest and when I moved to CA the brand Quicksilver was a mystery to me.

Quicksilver.jpg

Back