Resolved Must accept cookies

Aukai

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I have ad blocker disabled for this site, and just got messages that I must accept cookies, and went into a non member mode with ads, and not able to log in unless I accepted them. Something new? I kinda like not being followed....

I resemble that . :D

Upvote 0
The Hobby Machinist cookies are only allowing you to "stay logged in". There are no tracking cookies of any sort.

I may be just suffering from a dense moment, but that cookie is only enabled when you check the box to "stay logged in". Are you sure the notification you are referring to isn't for allowing push notifications.

Upvote 0
I deleted the push alert after this episode, I was getting it on my email. I was logged in responding to a post, and the screen blinked, and ads were present. My ad blocker is disabled for this site. I tried to log in and the response was I must accept cookies to be logged in.

Upvote 0
I deleted the push alert, I was getting it on my email. I was logged in responding to a post, and the screen blinked, and ads were present. My ad blocker is disabled for this site. I tried to log in and the response was I must accept cookies to be logged in.
Hmm. It's likely your cookie expired. I think they are good for one year. Try accepting it and logging back in. Just want to reassure you nothing is tracking you from our site but for remembering the browser and device you last logged in from so you can "stay logged in".

Upvote 0
I did accept the cookies back then, and all is well I guess, thank you.

Upvote 0
I'm experiencing a similar problem. I registered last week just fine, but when I came back today I had to log in again and couldn't. The bottom of the page would periodically pop up the note saying I need to accept cookies, which I did each time. Every time clicking on the login link at the top of the page or within any forum thread, I would get the popup saying, "Oops! We ran into some problems. Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site."

I got around it, to post this, by using a different browser. My main browser is Firefox, and it did receive an update in the past day or two, so there's probably something incompatible between the latest version and the forum's cookie detection code.

Upvote 0
Back