My car part took a vacation courtesy of USPS and didn't take me with it

alloy

Dan, Retired old fart
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I bought a part for the 55 chevy and it took a vacation to Honolulu it seems. I'm in WA.

Our tax dollars at work it apparently.

throttle.jpg

No matter how efficient we think they are they still manage to screw up every once in a while but in all fairness your USPS has a good track record it seems, and based on what I hear, have one of the least expensive shipping rates. our Canada post in comparison is the least efficient of all the shipping companies i've had to deal with, to me the mail person has no incentive to go above and beyond bare minimum service .

, Canada post is the only parcel delivery company that refuses to deliver my(larger sized) orders to my door, they claim there are too many stairs leading to my front door(14 steps total), they are the only one that I need to accommodate by putting a Rubbermaid box on top of the stairs so the mail man can put my oversize order in it.
And every two-three years they threaten to go on strike if the government does not meet their demands for higher wages etc.
So as the old saying goes, we wish for what we don't have. if you ask canadians, most prefer to have USPS rates and efficiency to our own CP.

Last edited:
It may have been the most efficient route to you based on capacity they had at the time....

I recently had a Speedi-Sleeve (repair sleeve for a grease seal to run on) that I ordered off Ebay from a seller in Texas get sent from Florida, to Maine, then Chicago, and finally here in Oregon. A bearing ordered off Ebay from California was shipped from Hawaii.

You cannot trust the Ebay seller location information any more.

Amazon isn't any better; here is the progress on an item ordered the 11th for delivery on the 14th:

Amazon.png
Note that progress is from bottom to top, I am in South Central Pennsylvania, about 1-1/2 hours drive from Nottingham and USPS is waiting for "the Carrier" to hand over the package (10, 3/4" Vinyl tube caps).

chevy-big-block-jpg.jpg
That there is funny ! :grin:

Back