My cell phone in the shop

I second the idea of putting it on vibrate and put it somewhere you will feel it... :)

I do not even have a landline anymore... who needs one... when they have a cell in their pocket all the time anyways.

I use Apple wireless AirPods and leave the iPhone in the clean room (office).

I have a blue tooth headset and it is handy to be able to leave the phone some where safe and still be able to here if it is ringing.
Problem is all the spamers. And my ear gets sore from wearing it. So I take it out, set it down, and I'm back to the original problem
of not hearing the phone.

I have a rotary phone on the wall in the shop. If it rings while I am welding or machining, the answering machine in the house
will pick it up. I don't have a cell phone, don't want a cell phone, not interested in carrying around a tracking device.:p

+1 bluetooth speaker, headphones, earbuds. Listen to music and it announces calls.

"2 pound" metal coffee can resting on (3) nuts sitting on a metal file cabinet or the table saw, toss in some washers, make sure vibrate is on. Works most of the time.
There is a downside, when it's late and everything is nice and quiet outside, just the frogs, crickets, and an owl, and it goes off....

I have three wireless phones (land line extensions) one of which works well in the shop. Not really into the cell phone apps but do like the ability to communicate with out going to a phone booth.
Ray

I have three wireless phones (land line extensions) one of which works well in the shop. Not really into the cell phone apps but do like the ability to communicate with out going to a phone booth.
Ray

Hey Ray, and just where are you going to find one of these, what did you call it, a phone booth? :grin:

I must be a 1%er. My home is not accessible by cell tower. The kids come to visit, they log on to my Wifi. If I went up to the top of the hill behind the house I could get cell service. Don't own a cell phone, don't expect to.

Back