My cell phone in the shop

DO NOT DO WHAT I DO!!

Iphone 7S with Spotify and my Blue Tooth Jaybird X3 Sport ear buds. Love my Country Playlist! Neighbors might not like my sing-alongs. Anyway, you hear the volume change when you get a phone call or text.

I DO NOT wear them when I am making a cut where the audible is the key to safety. Mostly for redundant material removal while milling or turning.

RandyM
No doubt if you don't know about telephone booths you are a young feller. They went the same way as a soda fountain in what was called at the time a drug store. Where is that thread about being "an old timer if you remember" when you need it.
Have a good day
Ray

That's the one Randy. Now you know you are dealing with an "old timer". The world has sure changed with the evolution of electronics.
Ray

No experience with any of these, but this is what a search turned up. These are devices for use in noisy environments and for the hard of hearing.
Some combine flashing lights with a loud ringer.

https://www.harriscomm.com/equipment/cell-phone-accessories/loud-ringers.html

Many of these are also available at Amazon so you don't have to use this vendor. If you still have a Radio Shack near you, I bet they would have something similar.

I usualy keep my phone under a cotton sheet playing pandora. By myself without music its easy to loose time at night.

If they want something they can leave a message. If I do not know who is calling, or do not expect a call I do not answer.
If it is important call someone else and they can come get me. After I leave work it has be an real emergency before they call me.

I must be a 1%er. My home is not accessible by cell tower. The kids come to visit, they log on to my Wifi. If I went up to the top of the hill behind the house I could get cell service. Don't own a cell phone, don't expect to.

Sometimes yes, here, sometimes no, a friend of mine who has a cell can only text from his place, signal is too weak for voice. Cell phones are about as reliable as yelling in many areas, so I won't waste my money on one either.

I, too, live in an area with poor/no cell service. Fortunately, at&t (formerly AT&T) has provided me with a Micro-cell, which utilizes my DSL connection to create a cellular hot-spot about 100 ft. around my house. Verizon also has such a device, they call it a Network Extender. I'm cancelling my MagicJack.

I used the at&t micro cell when I lived in the Texas Hill Country--no service. It uses satellite and your internet service to create a hot spot and works well. Gave it to my sister and BIL when we moved and they are still using it.

Back