it's actually dad's.:)
we work on projects together.
father/son activities, there you go!
anybody else out there have one?

Have A Nice Day!

etard
thank you for that fine contribution to help start up the
new 'CNC In The Home Shop' forum.
here's pic of my Probotix stepper motor kit.
this is current starter stepper motor kit mine's @3 years old.
other pic is 13x13 CNC table from Solsylva plans.
http://solsylva.com/

Have A Nice Day!

Probotix Stepper Motor Kit.jpg 13x13 Fixed Gantry CNC Table.jpg

RCB,
Sweet little machine. Down here in Fla we have a program where the medians are sponsored by individuals and businesses. They all have a 3d routed sign made and placed on each end. That might be an outlet for some easy side money for you and dad too. The material looks like close cell styrofoam and once it is routed it gets the layers painted and looks really good in the median strips. Accidents keep enough of them knocked down to stay busy when combined with new participants and there replacements. Looks fairly easy and might be an easy source of income to help pay for the machine.
Bob

bob
one idea on the drawing board is reproduction
beer steins.
like with the hunting the stag deer scenes on them.
it's tough putting that on a round surface.
thought we'd market them to all those home brewer's
out there.

Have A Nice Day!

I don't have one but did work on two of them, big commercial models that take 4 ft. x 10 ft. sheets. The last one was for a wood shop guy to make cabinets on, I set it up and trained him on the use after I got the bugs out, found out it was wired wrong at the factory. I did most of the drawings in Autocad and use Vector for tool paths and codes. The last time I was on the last one was about 8 years ago, nice machine and did cut nice in wood and also a time saver for the shop since most panels were the same on cabinets with a little adjustment on size for some panels.
Paul

brucer
that plasma cutter subject does keep popping up around here!:)
let me know if you have any computer, cad or cam questions.
pjf
dad & i use turbocad.it's the way to go.
the hot tip is to get it from cad & graphics.

Have A Nice Day!

brucer
Probotix CNC setup might be able to be adapted
to cutting table.
it'll cut aggravation factor by 99.9%!
their help on the phone is best anywhere.
it's a small outfit and they're in Indiana, just plain folks.
pm me if you want contact names.

Have A Nice Day!

I'm building my own, I have pretty much everything I need, electronics are already bought and paid for...

I'm shooting for a budget of $750 for mine, I'm getting real close to budget, but i'm pretty much done buying stuff for it, I still like 2 steppers motors and 3 pinion gears that i'm getting from Hubbardcnc... gear racks, timing belt pulleys and belts are on their way, using 3/8 elector pins (free) for drive shafts. I think I'll hit closer to $800 budget, but I wont go over $1000..

I'm a cnc programmer/tool maker by trade, I own Mastercam 9.0c and X4...

heres a link to my build gallery http://www.hobby-machinist.com/album.php?albumid=28

I find it interesting and entertaining building a cnc machine... I also plan on having a quick change attachment for a spindle for light milling/routing.

brucer
i want to redo dad's table.
how is that MFP board? ( think that's name )
what's your latin saying mean?
do give Probotix a try.
pm me for contacts.
put it this way, you can ask for 'the shipping boy'.:)
that's AFTER i give you contacts and the lowdown.
there easy to get along with.

Have A Nice Day!

Back