My elderly mother in her last season of life

oldgascar

Active User
Registered
My mother has been fighting hard to battle Rheumatoid arthritus for the last 9 plus years. She is in a nursing home and she is receiving fantastic care, but she grows weaker as time goes on. She is bed ridden as of 1-1/2 weeks ago. All 9 children wish to keep here with us for a much longer time, but how selfish are we to want that for her ? To want her to stay with us , while in daily constant pain raher than to want her to be able to be free of her daly pain and to walk in peace, hand in hand with God Almighty. Dad went home to the Lord 6 years ago. Soon mom will met up with him again. Asking for simple prayers for understanding, peace and contentment in Gods plans for my 5 brothers and 3 sisters. No one knows how much time is left, but we know her time is near the end. Yesterday, mom told my sister what clothes she wants to wear when she passes. She has made peace with her fate , but is more anxious every day. God is good always. He gave me a very beautiful grandson two weeks ago today. When I look into his innocent eyes, I am reminded of the cycle of life God has laid out for us.

Bob

God is good. I am praying for your mother and your family during this very difficult time.

Prayers from out family to your! God will take her home when he thinks it is time.

Paul

May God be with her and bless her, may he ease her pain. Me he also be with you and your family in this hard time.

My grandfather suffered with RA for over thirty years, I can sympothize with you as you watch her suffer. Prayers for comfort for all involved!

My sweet aunt had the same , kept trying to have us give her all the pain meds at once so she could go Home, I took care of my dad and mom the last years of there life so I know what you are feeling may God bless all of your family and you MOM a week before mom went she begged God to take her I had to tell her it was ok to go and be with dad and god. My senere thoughts and blessing for you and yours ED

Bob, I feel your pain. I lost my Dad in Nov 2009 and I think it's understandable to others and God that we want our family, especially parents, around forever. Only God knows why things happen the way they do and he has infinite love and wisdom for all of us. My prayers going out to you, Mom, and the family.

May the Lord give peace and understanding to all of Your family. Rejoice that the risen Lord Has Her by the hand and will lead Her home. PEACE.

May the Good lord hold you and yours in His loving hands and grant you the serenity to accept his Will when it is time for your mother to be granted eternal peace!

Back