My elderly mother in her last season of life

When an old person goes into nursing home the countdown begins..Roughest by far on the relatives.,.My Dad died last month. A relief for all of us kids that his suffering has ended.You have my sympathy, I know its emotionally terrible for you.

Bob--our prayers are with your Mother and your family--her greatest blessing was accepting salvation--her second greatest blessing is all in her family to accept salvation also----soon her earthly pains will be over. God bless you and your family and thanks for sharing with us. Dave

Oldgascar your post brings back some sad memories for me of when I lost my mom. So I know the anguish that you are feeling. Gods plan is not always clear to us, but His mercy endures forever. I think you should go visit with your mom and catch her up with all the things going on in your life that are uplifting, reminisce favorite memories with her. Make great memories while you can as we only have a finite time on this earth before we go home. Prayers for your mom, you and your family.
God Bless, Frank.

This is so sad, but the love and faith expressed here is truly beautiful.
I also wish to add my thoughts and prayers for you and your family, your mother has done very well by you.
I am taken back to an earlier time when our daughter was called home. I stood outside the emergency room and once again was selfish enough to question God. I ended that with thanking God for all things. My wife and I were blessed with raising our daughter's children.

The older we get the more we will experience the opportunity to either question or praise.

Anyway, God and Christ be with you and yours, and all of us.

just me

Your Mother, You & all your family are in my prayers, It is a trying time for you, but the Lord is there with you all

May you feel his peace

core-oil

Re: My elderly mother in her last season of life (update)

Mom went home to be with her Lord & Savior April 11 . My wife, daughter and I had just driven to Florida for a dance competition, when I received the call. I spent the whole day flying back home through the storms. Now, it's about 4 am and I just walked in the door. There are many logistical things to do starting tomorrow morning. All 9 children are home now , although this is not how we had planned to get together. Many thanks for all the prayers. Time will ease the pain of the loss, but I know, my mother is pain free in the Kingdom. She received the ultimate healing from the Great Physician. I am sure Dad met her saying " What the heck took you so long !!! "

If your parents are still alive, tell them how much you love them, & likewise, if you have children tell them how much you love them. Life is short

Bob

My condolences to you and your family. May God bless all of you.

"Billy G"

Bob, My prayers to you ,& your family for healing & peace, to take away the pain of your loss, It is a very hard time for you all, your Mom was well loved, Her suffering has ended she is now with your Dad & the Lord in happiness, Be strong for your loved ones my friend

God Bless

Core-oil

My condolences to you and your family.I will say a prayer for you'all

Back