My elderly mother in her last season of life

I know you don't know me Bob, but I wish to share that I hope, despite your sorrow and missing her, you feel that this is the "plan" for every one of us, and where she is now, and where we are all going, is a place of peace and reuniting with our loved ones passed- like her own Mom and Dad.

Peace to your heart.

Bernie

Bob, my prayers are with you & your family during this sad time in your life. The whole purpose of Jesus dying on the coss and rising again on the third day was to prove to satan & the world that he has the power to overcome death.To those that believe in the word of God, we can find joy during these times knowing that our loved ones have spent their life on this earth preparing for this day. May God bless you & your family during this time
Phil

It seems that condolences just dont let you know how i feel at your loss. I lost my wife a while back after 49 years of being together and i know what that pain was. I do not want to even try to guess yours, but sharing the posts and reading of your faith i know you and your family will not only get through this but will grow together in faith. My prayers and thoughts for your peace will continue. PEACE!

We had the visitation yesterday and the funeral today. The weather was perfect . We had a Mass for mom and we celebrated her life. All of us ( 6 boys & 3 girls ) gathered and rejoiced in her life and the next step of her journey. It is early evening here, and after a couple hours of needed rest, I am home alone as my wife & daughter stepped out for a bit running errands. In my quiet time I am replaying my life in my mind. I see both mom and dad in all areas of my life, & I can only smile. How truly blessed My family and I have been with my parents. Now they are both gone , and it feels very strange. I know time will help to releive the sorrow. Today, I again held my grandchildren close today and am reminded of how Great is my Lord and Savior..... Now , it's time to put my feet back on the ground and continue with life with guidance from my Lord.

Thanks for the prayers they are truly appreciated.

Bob & Famiy

Last edited:
Back