My First Machining Project

Thanks so much fellas. Here are the tools I used: Index Super 55 mill, Logan V2557 (12"x35") lathe (shown being unloaded--can't believe how filthy the mill was), Troyke 12" rotary table, which is so heavy it must be stored where I can just crank the mill table over for transferring.

rotary-table-1_zpsjbafceop.jpg
mill-2_zpsd018d3a7.jpg

mill-2_zpsd018d3a7.jpg

mill-2_zpsd018d3a7.jpg

mill-2_zpsd018d3a7.jpg

mill-2_zpsd018d3a7.jpg

mill-2_zpsd018d3a7.jpg

I'm with you Fomogo I hope in 8 yrs. I can machine something half that precision and professional .Thanks for the incentive.

I just don't know how to handle all this praise--should have started machining sooner. :)

And I must confess that this was an incredible challenge for me, not having had any personal machining experience. My first career was on the drawing board, in design engineering. And my second career has been as a boat builder, specializing in customizing yachts, much of it custom woodworking. Really loving this.

I just don't know how to handle all this praise--should have started machining sooner. :)

And I must confess that this was an incredible challenge for me, not having had any personal machining experience. My first career was on the drawing board, in design engineering. And my second career has been as a boat builder, specializing in customizing yachts, much of it custom woodworking. Really loving this.[/ Well, I am 78, been doing machine work for over 35 years, and that is as good as good as it gets. You can take pride in your work, congratulations.

And I must confess that this was an incredible challenge for me, not having had any personal machining experience. My first career was on the drawing board, in design engineering. And my second career has been as a boat builder, specializing in customizing yachts, much of it custom woodworking. Really loving this.

Well it certainly was good preparation for your new career in machining! Very nice work.
It would be fair to say that we all here at HM know the wonderful feeling of making things for ourselves. Thanks for sharing your joy with us.
Where do I apply to be your apprentice?

Sorry I'm late her. You have done extremely well for a first project. Kudos to you.

"Billy G"

Yep, certainly a professional looking part there. You did excellent work !

Back