My first non machining related job will be done tomorrow !

Haopy it went well. I am just thinking if I paid $250 for 15 minutes of work, i probably would not call again.

15 minutes of experienced efficient well thought out work could be equal to hours of inefficient work.

I once took a class on brick and block masonry. The instructor was an old Southerner, who always wore bib overalls and seemed to constantly be switching between muttering to himself and talking to us. As he demonstrated though, he would give "business lessons". He was quite fond of brick mailboxes as a good side job for the mason. He would say, "The trick to making this work is getting more than one job in the neighborhood. You've got to get one built so all the neighbors see it. Then you book up three or so houses nearby. Now you can do one o' these in a day, but people don't like that. They want their moneys worth see? So you go and work on one for a couple hours, and then go on and work on someone elses. That way they all take a few days, and people feel they got what they paid for." Then he'd kinda sheepishly smile to himself and carry on muttering. I got a real kick out of that guy. Sorry...OT.

Back