My first part

DavidR8

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
Staff member
H-M Platinum Supporter
I made my first actual usable part tonight.
A T-nut for my vise.

A 1.25” piece of 10L, I turned down .5” of length to .5” and then tapped for 3/8-16.
I cut it off and then belt sanded it to width as it was barely over width.
Works like a charm.
This is seriously my first attempt at a useable part. I’m rather stoked as I hit my dimensions and tapped for the first time.
0a2ed152dbecc3eb3ffbae3c7c43a93c.jpg

6e115bed5783243fd381dad102c40cb4.jpg

51ca750af6da98eda120d7826e0712cc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alright, David!!! :clapping:

Came out really nice ... good for you!!

Thanks @mikey couldn’t have done it without this community!

Yup, I quite literally just finished it all 11:30 pm.
I’ll make another tomorrow

Haha, I was just messin with ya. I actually figured you just made only one to get by since you already had one. I'm just anxious to see you make chips on the mill already since I have been following your journey. :eagerness:

Haha, I was just messin with ya. I actually figured you just made only one to get by since you already had one. I'm just anxious to see you make chips on the mill already since I have been following your journey. :eagerness:

My partner tapped on the garage door and said “babe, it’s 11:30, I’m getting ready for bed.” I said “look what I made” and she was totally impressed and excited for me

My partner tapped on the garage door and said “babe, it’s 11:30, I’m getting ready for bed.” I said “look what I made” and she was totally impressed and excited for me

That's so awesome! Sounds like she is definitely a keeper!

I can relate & I'm sure many of us have done the same. I remember playing with my machines when I first got them for long hrs into the late night & not knowing it. Except that my aching feet told me. Then I had to go buy custom cut size anti-fatigue mats!

Nice job.
Next project 9 more of the same.
Cheers
Martin

Nice job! Now that you made the bottom part, it's time to try the top part. The hold downs that are used to clamp vises and stuff. Welcome to a never ending quest to hold parts for machining!!

Back