My new G0463 Mill arrived and won't run.

Grizzly CS rocks! As always.

Unless, of course, you yell at them, in which case some folks have found themselves no longer a customer (true story... "we have chosen to end our relationship with you....UPS will be there to pickup the machinery tomorrow"...).

Grizzly CS rocks! As always.

Unless, of course, you yell at them, in which case some folks have found themselves no longer a customer (true story... "we have chosen to end our relationship with you....UPS will be there to pickup the machinery tomorrow"...).

Well I told their CS person on the phone that I wasn't too pleased to get a non-functioning machine but that I have always found their CS to be excellent. I have to say that they came through on this order with flying colors. I am looking forward to getting the new Mill cleaned up and broke in tomorrow. I sprayed it down with a healthy dose of WD40 today and will let it set over night. WD40 cuts the Chinese mystery grease type substance they coat their machines in very well. This is my third Grizzly machine and I have gotten good service from the first two. This GO463 Mill looks like the perfect size fit for the chores that I have planned for it.

Harv,

I know you and the tech would have spotted it right off but on my lathe it would pop the GFI outlet as soon as I turned it on. I had to wire past the GFI to get it going. Not sure if your mill has the same (or any) VFD as my lathe? Hope it all gets sorted out for you as I am expecting a mill from them any day now...

Jim

Thanks Jim. I have a new Mill sitting here right now that they sent as a replacement. It appears to be just fine and I am sure happy to have it!

I thought I read close enough but I missed that you already had the replacement.

I have been looking at the mills section on their web site. I have the 0759 ordered.

What are the differences and how did you pick the one you have?

glad things worked out well!

jim

I thought I read close enough but I missed that you already had the replacement.

I have been looking at the mills section on their web site. I have the 0759 ordered.

What are the differences and how did you pick the one you have?

glad things worked out well!

jim

I like the 0759 and narrowed my choices down to it and the G0463. I chose the 0463 Mill that I did because it comes from the factory with belt drive (no plastic gear drive) and has a bit larger capacity (drill capacity up to 1"). Either Mill would serve my purposes just fine.

Ugh, I haven't been able to get this new machine to run for more then a few seconds..

Unfortunately we are starting to get these problems in the UK now, I live just down the road from the electrical engineers where I served my apprenticeship (long long ago), so I am often in there, and I noticed a couple of chinese lathes and a mill on his "goods in for repair" pile. the story was the same, 2 or 3 years old, motors or circuit boards had quit, no replacement parts available, and the machine waiting for them to work out how they could fit a new motor /VFD combo into a very small space!

The new mill won't run?:eek:

Yeah, the replacement mill turned on and ran for about 10 seconds then nothing. The power feed my wife installed works fine so at least the table moves. I am going to phone Grizzly Tech. Support tomorrow and see if they can help. If we cannot get the MILL (#2) to run then I quit and will insist upon a refund. I guess Percisi0on Matthews will be my next best shot at a working Mill that is in my price range and small enough for me to move around my shop as needed.

I spent yesterday building a stand on a heavy duty Shop Fox base for it. My wife cleaned it up and added the table drive. Then we turned on the machine and watched it spin for a few seconds and I got all happy thinking about everything that I could get done...now it's kaput! Again.

Last edited:
Back