My new shop baby

The girl is in pieces now and I am in the cleanup phase as the air quality lets me.
Spent most of the day working on my truck as I had to fight vapor lock issues pullin the mill home over the Cascades.
Not only that the brand new electric fuel pump died the next day !!
So today electric one was pulled and the mechanical one was re- installed.
Some serious heat shielding is in order on the new dual exhaust system I put in
so the vapor lock issue will stop, I hope............:rolleyes:
Pics will be forth coming, the camera needs new batts. and the size it needs is of course the one we're out of..............:burned up:

Nice mill. Congratulations.

I hope to find one that nice for around the same price.

Smoke is definitely an issue there. Same as we are dealing with up here.

Got a few pics of the break down and clean up process the oil galleries were in need of a serious clean out
and the Y axis nuts are in need of adjustment 30 thou backlash I didn't check the X axis but it will be adjusted as well
upon re-assembly.
Looks to be a not too bad clean up so far, just hope no boogers jump up on the rest of the job...........:chemist:

thumbnail_20200916_150551.jpgthumbnail_20200916_150606.jpgthumbnail_20200916_150606.jpgTopthumbnail_20200916_150709.jpgthumbnail_20200916_150716.jpgthumbnail_20200916_150727.jpg

Didn't get to the mill today, the shop needed a cleanup and study on the coming reconfiguration
so the mill base can be set inside for re-assembly, that base is one heavy mutha !
The winds were out of the South East today and breathing was better so I mowed the back forty as I call it
while I could................

Sounds like you have Joe Btfsplk for a house guest!

John I had to go look that one up......thanks for the education!

Got a few pics of the break down and clean up process

You've wasted no time stripping her down to nearly naked!

Very nice machine.
Great progress.
-brino

Last edited:
Drop deck trailers are the greatest for moving equipment.....................

Couldn't agree more, almost bid on one locally at an auction but decided not to because it is single axle and only rated for 4500lb. Besides the bidding had already reach $4300 plus and I knew it would be rising considerably from there. A lot to spend on something you will use rarely. I do need to get an equipment trailer but most likely will be a car hauler type with two or three axles. But those can be had for a fraction of the hydraulic trailers.

Back