My new to me Logan 8 inch shaper

I lucked into an Atlas for reasonable money last year. In great shape, with vise.
Only thing wrong was the motor turned the wrong way. Current running the right way on an under-size motor, but it's making chips.
I sure do enjoy running that thing. Seems like a pain to fire up the mill anymore ;)

I lucked into an Atlas for reasonable money last year. In great shape, with vise.
Only thing wrong was the motor turned the wrong way. Current running the right way on an under-size motor, but it's making chips.
I sure do enjoy running that thing. Seems like a pain to fire up the mill anymore ;)

Just flip the old motor around & it will be running the right direction:lmao:
I just got to cutting chip today and am pleased how smooth it runs;)
I can see how you would want a larger shaper and they sell for scrap price often:biggrin:
I know my shop floor would not support a LARGE shaper without tearing out the floor and putting a heavy base in & I aint gunna do that:nuts:
Guess I could put it outside in its own shed :drool:
I just found this shaper in a online auction, http://www.publicsurplus.com/sms/auction/view?auc=662342 it will probably go for scrap price;)

Last edited by a moderator:
A guy I know bought one at the scrap yard for a decent price missing the vice, I was helping him load it and he said "The only thing I need now is a vice" I turned around and said "There's your vice" he says "Where" Mee "On the back of that truck" a like new hyndi shaper came in on a flatbed I can still kick myself for not telling the 2 kids to deliver it to my shop. It was in mint condition. My friend bought the vice for $25.00 and another guy bought the shaper from the scrap yard.

I just looked that one up Bill and already it looks like (rounded off) $600 for truck freight although there is only
a $5 bid at this moment

mills.jpg

I just looked that one up Bill and already it looks like (rounded off) $600 for truck freight although there is only
a $5 bid at this moment
Well all that means is road trip:drool: RIGHT

Back