my new toy

777mechanic

Active User
Registered
finally found a lathe that had everything i wanted and did metric and standard threading . so i bought a clausing colchester 2500 student built in 92 . bought it from s and m machinery out of Detroit not seeing it in person , had a video of it running so i took the plunge and it has turned out to be an awesome purchase . today i built a gantry out of 2 x 12's for beam and 2 x 6's for legs worked awesome .

IMG_0475.jpg ImageProxy.mvc.jpeg

finally found a lathe that had everything i wanted and did metric and standard threading . so i bought a clausing colchester 2500 student built in 92 . bought it from s and m machinery out of Detroit not seeing it in person , had a video of it running so i took the plunge and it has turned out to be an awesome purchase . today i built a gantry out of 2 x 12's for beam and 2 x 6's for legs worked awesome .

Nice buy. I like the foot brake feature. Hope you get it up and making chips soon.

yes its a 13 x 40 , and i paid 5500. came with an aloris head and 5 holders . i have been so torn with buying a asian machine and after tons of research and alot of ****** off dealer in denver but the quality is way better than any other machine out there that i looked at in the last 2 years . wednesday my new vfd will arrive so she be running by thursday morning . i've been using a monarch 60 series at work so this should be a good equal .

it looks like it is a nice toy have fun time to make chips

Very nice machine !
It has a lot of useful features..
Metric capability is great to have too.

congratulations!

Dan

SERIOUS machine-wow! What is the spindle on it? What through hole?
Are you saying it is Asian-made for Clausing in 92?

Is the video you saw of it running still posted?

Questions questions questions! :)

Bernie

Back