My new VFD

Does a vfd and a 3 phase motor vibrate?
Assuming it is correctly balanced and the bearings are good.
Every 1 phase I have all have a high frequency vibration, even the brand new ones.
Every thing on the drill press table vibrates off, the lathe has that vibration as well and I would like to get rid of it, (the vibration not the lathe :p)
I'm convinced it influences the finish.

No vibration, that's one of the advantages of 3 phase motors, smooth torque delivery.

The $44 one is sold out, I'll watch for it to restock and get another, fierce competition on these!

Here's the one I got: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/173643791033?ul_noapp=true
It shipped from Canada so I guess they have a warehouse here, shipping would have been 15-20 so he's not making much.

Savarin: There is no vibration or high frequency whine.

Youtube link for wiring:
There are others, search "vfd xsy-at1"

I changed the default max HZ from 65 to 75. My motor has useful torque down to the 20's

I can upload the manual if anyone wants

Some reviews on Banggood: https://www.banggood.com/AC-220V-0_...-p-1256012.html?rmmds=search&cur_warehouse=CN
Do those models have all the parameters for setting up custom configurations that the Askpower and the Huanyang ones do? There is no information shown on the ad for any adjustable parameters...

Have a look at the manual..... What parameters are you needing?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32866485065.html scroll down to see manual It's the AT1 model
I don't need any right now, my machines are all up and working, just trying to see what they are selling. The ads I saw on eBay do not show what they can do at all, and the ones on aliexpress show small pages from the manual that are mostly unreadable. Not putting them down, but difficult for me (and others) to buy something when we cannot determine exactly what it is they are selling and what it can do for us. It looks like it is "probably" fine, but with Chinese direct purchasing it is often difficult to know what they are actually selling, largely due to the language barrier.

Last edited:
Is that photo a temporary set up? I hope! There are some wiring issues that are rather unsafe if you are looking at running that as a final solution.

Yep, Just waiting for some cable protector to arrive. Those exposed wires are only 5V, the 240V side is armoured cable.

Thanks for your concern

I didn't mean to poke at your installation, but were talking high voltage and high current, fire and bad things. I just don't want to see anyone get hurt. IF you need help locating anything for it let me know, I installed a few and worked with my grandfather and uncle who were both electrical guys and through that I learned.

Just ordered one for $99.00 delivered...

10 hp single phase 220 vac, same as others for $195.00.

We will see how it goes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Yes, several years ago I paid just under $100, delivered, for a Chinese 2 hp VFD on eBay, best price I could find anywhere at the time. That is down to nearly half of what I paid then. Or maybe the Canucks have been able to get better trade agreements than we have...

Not so. Just checked. They are selling 2 hp (1.5kW) single phase to 3 phase generic VFDs for $44 delivered on eBay right now:

That $44 VFD was likely a scam, user has been removed from ebay

Back