My other car in the garage

That's a lot of work, I know what your going through with the MG.

The GTO's were formidable.

I was considering a cross ram if I found one for the Nova, but it would not fit the flat hood.

I want to keep having fun Mike, I grew up here, so I have the same friends still racing too.

Thank you Thomas
Found a picture of my old part time job, before I got too old, and fuel prices went crazy, and a day at the track picture...

GTO's were great cars. My next door neighbor had a 65 with tri power. We were both in 9th grade. Marino only had his learner's permit. His dad would drive us to school and do burn outs leaving the parking lot. Those were the days.

I want to keep having fun Mike, I grew up here, so I have the same friends still racing too.

Well, they closed Campbell Raceway Park so no track left on Oahu. Plus, my wife said I had to grow up so I sort of did. I'm glad you're still at it. For me, its just a memory now. On the other hand, I do ride a sportbike way too fast for an old man like me to be going so maybe I'm not completely a lost cause.

My old high school pal had a 65 goat with a stock Pontiac 350 in it I guess he got tired losing stop lite drags to me
so his dad who was a machinist, way over bored it and installed one helluva bump stick and tri power.
After that it was 50/50 on who bought the beer fer the winner.......I too sure miss those days....................

Nice boat !! I commercially fished salmon and albacore with my grand dad when I was a teenager, now I live in the
high desert in southern Or. I miss being able to have crab and ling cod any time like I used too ................

I hardly ate fish while I was fishing. 1-3 day trips, 400 dollars to put the boat in the water ready for the trip. Up at 2-4 am to launch, then find the fish, catch the fish, take care of the fish, go home unload the fish, deliver the fish, then go home, and clean the fish to eat, ah, nope. Then go to work 911, and do it again. Plus a $2000.00 dollar a month fuel bill, and I went through 3 brand new trucks to haul the boat.
I never left port with less than 700-1000 lbs of ice too. AHHH the good old days..LOL

Last edited:
That is a GEM :encourage:, I wish I still had my Champagne, or Gold colored, white vinyl top, white interior, 318, 69 Dodge Charger.

I guess I haven't. I bought this in 1969 and still have it. Sadly, engine size was governed by insurance, but also by a very wise dad.

Always did like the looks of the Challenger and yours is in beautiful condition! Very nice, and yeah, we can now admit that Dad knew better ...

Back