My PM-835S arrived today

Pcmaker

Registered
Registered
Massive crate. They could barely fit it in the garage. It was too tall.

20201217_112010.jpg

I had to cut off the pallet to be able to fit my engine hoist in. My DeWalt sawzall literally exploded while I was cutting. I had to run to Home Depot and buy that Milwaukee sawzall.. thought it'd be better since they literally started that branding

20201217_150051.jpg

The mill swung in 2 directions, so I added straps to keep it straight:

20201217_150055.jpg

Resized_20201217_145615.jpeg

The Z axis DRO cable got pinched during shipping. I know people will think I caused it, but I never moved the Z axis before I noticed that cable.

20201217_172758.jpg

Final resting place:

Resized_20201217_164342.jpeg

Last edited:
Other than the pinched DRO wires, you would have to be happy with that. nice machine!
Just a smidge envious.

I like the height of the machine. I'm staring right at the quill

I'm still learning, the spindle won't spin on high gear for some reason

Machine envy here!
Congratulations on your new mill :)

Not sure why high gear won't spin

and there's nose when the spindle is spinning and when I'm retracting the quill at the same time

I have no idea if your mill is like my 833T but when I shift it, the gear train is like an old automobile without the synchronous transmission. I am wondering if you are "between gears" when you say it is in high gear. I actually have to turn my spindle by hand just a little sometimes to get the gears to mesh.
Just a thought.

I have no idea if your mill is like my 833T but when I shift it, the gear train is like an old automobile without the synchronous transmission. I am wondering if you are "between gears" when you say it is in high gear. I actually have to turn my spindle by hand just a little sometimes to get the gears to mesh.
Just a thought.

Just like the belt driven BPs . When going to high speed from low , you better get it in gear before turning it on . When the newbies don't know this , I always respond " I'll take a pound of that that ground chuck " ! :grin:

You should have a few lock down knobs for the motor . Should be a knob for moving motor forward to switch pulleys , should have a spindle brake , and you should have a high/low gear knob that can be switched .

You should be able to hear the gears engaging when going into high gear , kinda like a klunk sound ! :big grin:

Back