My scrap yard find (Warning! Tool gloat)version 2.10

Charley Davidson

Active User
Registered
Today I saw an older gentleman struggling to unload a pickup at the scrap yard so I went over to help. Found a Hardinge collet closer HV-4-5C in great working order, also got 1" stainless steel hex rod 11" long, a super huge piano hinge that is about 3/16ths thick & the barrel is 1", and a few other goodies. Sorry the camera situation doesn't allow for pics at this time.

Oh yeah, I got his # and he has a rotary table with a 3 jaw chuck & some boring bars with a box of carbide inserts, he's moving & cleaning house. Maybe Benny & I will run out to see him tomorrow?

You earned the gloat, the trip to see him seems a necessity.
Joe

nice!

so when will this arrive at my address? :whistle:

That is a good deal, I was at the scrap yard yesterday, met a fellow whom stated that his father just past not too long ago. He has a basement full of end mills and stuff. I got his number and will be calling him on monday to go see what all he has.

Charly,
You and Bill are the two luckiest fellows I know. Every time you two go to the dump you seem to come home with more than you were taking to get rid of. Thats OK though, I would rather see stuff get reused before tossing it in a landfill or dump. Any pics yet? Remember no pics means it didn't really happen. Just kidding, have a great rest of the weekend.
Bob

Nice Score Charley
Its allready been said, so I wont repeat it :nono:

Oh, Hell with it, You Suck :whistle::rofl::rofl:

............... Sorry the camera situation doesn't allow for pics at this time.

............and he has a rotary table with a 3 jaw chuck & some boring bars with a box of carbide inserts, he's moving & cleaning house. Maybe Benny & I will run out to see him tomorrow?

............ Any pics yet? Remember no pics means it didn't really happen...................
Bob

Met Charley this morning and we had coffee and went to see the guy he met at the scrap yard. Afterwards we went to Charley's shop to see the 5C collet indexer/holder that he is gloating about. Since his camera is not working I was to take a picture and post it here to make his find "really happen". In the excitement of his tool finds of today I forgot to get a photo of the collet holder but I can vouch for him, he has the Hardinge HV-4 Collet Index Fixture.

I won't steal his thunder about what he scored today and I did get photos of his "today stuff". However I will post a tease photo about today's really neat tool score. See if you can guess what it is.
CharleysGloat.jpg

By the way the man had a second Hardinge index fixture but he would not let me have it.:bawling:

Benny
The Orphanage Never Closes

CharleysGloat.jpg

You guys are lucky! When I went with you there was nothing to get.:nono: Oh well I got a deal on the drill press.

And I got to meet 2 great guys.We'll be waiting for the pictures.

Paul

Back