My scrap yard find (Warning! Tool gloat)version 2.10

A rotory broach?

Yep!!!!!! And Benny's withholding lots of info & pics. I got the rotary broach with 2 hex broaches 1/2" & 5/8", 2 geometric threaders, Hardinge tap holder with several collets, A crap load of lathe tooling both high speed steel & carbide really nice stuff like Lucky 13 brand & Hardinge, several boring bars with carbide inserts & 3 full boxes of inserts (3 different types), 1"-2" groove mic, George Schmidt something or other with inserts of some type, I'm sure there's more but memory is failing. Benny has pictures if he'll post them.

That is pretty sweet if I may say so.

I am supposed to call a guy about a bunch of stuff tomorrow.. looking forward to going to see what all he has.

.......................Benny has pictures if he'll post them.
Sorry, Charley had asked me to post the photos this morning but I ran into a computer problems. The screen went blank and I got message about errors and then I had to leave for a while. I just finished performing backups before trying to post just now.

Notice!
This is no longer a scrap yard find since Charley had to pay cash for the following treasures. In the confusion I forgot to take a picture of the Hardinge collet index fixture so the scrap yard gloat officially still "did not happen".

Had another problem just now. Could not post more than the photos below. I will try and add the other photos in another post.

Benny
The Orphanage Never Closes
`PB100022.jpg
`PB100023.jpg

`PB100022.jpg `PB100023.jpg `PB100031.jpg

Sorry, Charley had asked me to post the photos this morning but I ran into a computer problems. The screen went blank and I got message about errors and then I had to leave for a while. I just finished performing backups before trying to post just now.

Notice!
This is no longer a scrap yard find since Charley had to pay cash for the following treasures. In the confusion I forgot to take a picture of the Hardinge collet index fixture so the scrap yard gloat officially still "did not happen".

Had another problem just now. Could not post more than the photos below. I will try and add the other photos in another post.

Benny
View attachment 42277
View attachment 42278

Don't know what is going on but I can't seem to get the photos attached correctly. I must have done something wrong when I resized the photos. Will try again later.

Benny

I think it was me that caused the attachment problem. Downsized the photos again and it seems to work now.
Hopefully more photos of Charley's new-old tools below:
PB100026.JPG
PB100027.JPG

PB100028.JPG

PB100029.JPG

Benny

PB100026.JPG PB100027.JPG PB100028.JPG PB100029.JPG

You guys are lucky! When I went with you there was nothing to get.:nono: Oh well I got a deal on the drill press.

Paul

Paul,
We are not always so lucky at the scrap yard but like old roosters we crow a lot. Most trips to the scrap yard nothing worth while is found. I try to slip in a short "walk around" trip everytime I get into town. Go enough times and you are bound to find something. Charley was very lucky to meet the man that is downsizing and moving into a smaller home. He was getting rid of some neat tools at very good prices.

.............I got to meet 2 great guys.............

Paul

Who did you meet at the scrap yard? I did not notice any great guys! I must have been busy digging in the scrap.:lmao:

Kidding aside there are several other great local guys that visit the scrap yard that are members here at the friendly machinist forum. A visit there has become a social thing. The guys that work at the scrap yard are all a great bunch of guys. They allow a few of us to prowl and pick parts from stuff before they bust everything apart.

Benny

Just been evaluating my score. I got 3 Stellram boring bars with a full box of new inserts for each one plus about 10 more boring bars of different configurations and uses.
Accu Trak Tool knurling holder with close to 50 different knurls.
2 different sizes of geometrical threaders
Found out what the Schmidt tool is, it is a rotary marker, evidently all the little cutter looking things I have in little packets have letters or numbers on them and you can press words or #s in things. Found a PDF with it on it.

Charley! What an awesome find; and your timing was impeccable on meeting the guy dumping it. I'm happy (well, jealous anyway) for you.
The chuck looks great, by the way.
Bob

ps, did you see the free machines in Texas?

................ps, did you see the free machines in Texas?

Where or where are they? Hope they are near Fort Worth! Maybe I can adopt some of them and place them in a home in Tennessee.

Benny

Back