My toy box

:greenwithenvy:

According to wifey (18+ yrs of experience into her dad garage, and knowing many other garages), yours has an "Ikea showroom look" :biggrin:

:congratulations:

That's a nice shop, very cool.

Every shop needs a re-loading bench.

Tell us about the Novacon mill and what kind of parts you run on it.

How does anyone work in such an orderly environment?

I will tell you if you promise not to laugh. But first I will tell you about the car. It makes 597 HP to the wheels and runs the 1/4 mile in 10.2 seconds at 142 MPH It was built by my son and I and about 90% of it was done in this shop by us a true home built hot rod.
Ok I told you it put 597 hp to the wheels right?
I forgot to mention it puts it to the FRONT wheels.
The car is a 2004 Dodge Neon SRT 4
It was the second fastest stock turbo car in the country and Now with the big turbo and 37 pounds of boost it was the 7th fastest SRT-4 in the country in 2012. My son decided to sell the car a few months ago.

Very Cooooool! Sounds like a lot of quality father/son time. Thank you for sharing the story. I am thinking another father/son project is in order, what is on the list?

That's a nice shop, very cool.

Every shop needs a re-loading bench.

Tell us about the Novacon mill and what kind of parts you run on it.

I really like the Novakon it is strong powerful and accurate. Great customer service and they answered all my noob questions quickly and without making me feel dumb.

I have owned the it for a little over a year and spent most of that time teaching myself Cad, Cam, and Mach3. I use Bobcad-cam and find it easy to learn.
I am a retired construction Electrician, a world where more often then not + - 1/4 inch is considered spot on and an 1/8th is overkill
so this is a whole new ball game for me. I have made a few practice things mostly engraving and facing. I just made my first "real" part for Discovery place a hands on children's science museum here in Charlotte. My son in law works there and he is one of the instructors that develop monthly programs.
They needed something to hold a CD so they could bounce a laser off of it and show how different cd's will refract the laser differently (think hi tech kaleidoscope) The kids get to change the discs so it had to be "bomb proof" as my SIL says.
I used two pieces of Corian cut a pocket in one to hold the cd and a profile in the other just a bit smaller in Dia. to hold the cd in the pocket.

Back