My Wife Said She'd Like Some Chips

I tried giving some away at Christmas time, but no takers :(

My wife finds nice shiny chips all the time. She doesn't seem to like them very much. Especially the one I pulled out of her foot awhile back.

I tell her everyone one of them means money to us. She was not amused at all.

I clean up the ferrous metal pretty good with magnets. Aluminum chips always evade me, and my 2 legged aluminum attractor is constantly in alarm mode:oops:

I clean up the ferrous metal pretty good with magnets. Aluminum chips always evade me, and my 2 legged aluminum attractor is constantly in alarm mode:oops:
My wife once asked me to clean up the chips with a magnet and I proceeded to explain they are aluminum and non ferrous and I explained the difference between ferrous and non ferrous and aluminum is non ferrous and therefore not magnetic.

She was not amused at all.

Yeah - I know. You guys probably mean the few grams of wafers in a packet at 4000% mark-up
In British culture, potato chips go best with fresh fish. You guys probably say "French fries". French call them "frites"

Proper chips
Made from King Edward or Maris Piper spuds, cut and then fried in in rape seed oil. This excludes the kind that look exactly like them, but came from a frozen packet of factory generated chips made from re-constituted powdered potato + other ingredients, and tend to stick in the food-pipe. I have no idea what the McDonalds version is, because I never tried them. To be honest, It's hard to remember when last I was in a McDonalds. Maybe sometime last century - in a previous millenium. :)

British Potato Chips.jpeg

I went to an acupuncturist the other day, had a first ever session, and when leaving, found a gold needle on the floor. Thinking I was doing good, I picked it up and gave it to him. He said yeah, they are like nails to a carpenter, they get scattered around. . Surprised me.

So (acupuncturist, needles), (carpenter, nails) and (machinist, chips) are all kind of alike, I guess.

Yeah - I know. You guys probably mean the few grams of wafers in a packet at 4000% mark-up
In British culture, potato chips go best with fresh fish. You guys probably say "French fries". French call them "frites"

Proper chips
Made from King Edward or Maris Piper spuds, cut and then fried in in rape seed oil. This excludes the kind that look exactly like them, but came from a frozen packet of factory generated chips made from re-constituted powdered potato + other ingredients, and tend to stick in the food-pipe. I have no idea what the McDonalds version is, because I never tried them. To be honest, It's hard to remember when last I was in a McDonalds. Maybe sometime last century - in a previous millenium. :)

View attachment 412174
RAPE seed oil???? would you please speak english... um would you please speak American English... :grin:
we went to a mc Donalds for the first time in a very long time a week or so ago while traveling back from CT, we both vowed not again.. we prefer Wendy's (big fries like what you show) and all hot.. McDonalds was just putrid, not even hot, not tasty, nothing... it sucked pretty bad.

rape seed oil - main kind of veggie oil in the UK. They used to grow fields of it behind where I grew up. And I still call fries chips, even after all these years :)

Back