Nantong mill

Oldchipmaker

Registered
Registered
Newbie here.

Recent addition. Nantong 6325 mill.

Gone over some parts of the machine. One part is missing. The small hand wheel on the quill power feed. I’ll have to make something. Puzzled on how it mounts. Obviously there must be two pins to engage the collar but what keeps it in place? No set screw marks. Someone installed a bolt in the centre which is used to pull or push for up and down of automatic.

Anyone happen to have same or similar machine?

There are other questions I’ll leave till later

TIA

Attachments

• 94C02760-6961-479F-8643-0CE3243505BF.jpeg
    94C02760-6961-479F-8643-0CE3243505BF.jpeg
    85.6 KB · Views: 141
Is this a Bridgeport clone mill? If so maybe replacement Bridgeport parts will fit.

Yes a clone. How close to a Bridgeport is a good guess. I know of one in this area. I could check that out. The hand wheel is easy enough but how it attaches has me puzzled

Found this video:

At 10:00 minutes it give a close up of the power feed. Though not exactly the same stop mechanism there is no hand wheel on that machine. Perhaps this version never had one either.

Found this video:

At 10:00 minutes it give a close up of the power feed. Though not exactly the same stop mechanism there is no hand wheel on that machine. Perhaps this version never had one either.

That looks just like the BP where the wheel is often removed and not necessary for power feed. The wheel is held on by the plunger (which selects Fwd-neutral-Rev).

My BP Clone (Enco) Handwheel just has 1 pin that engages in a hole. The handwheel slips on and off the machine easily. It is used when you want a fine feed but don't want to use the power feed. Mine lives in a drawer about 99 % of the time. Originally the forward/reverse knob diameter prevented the wheel from being removed while the knob was in still in place. I cut the forward / reverse knob diameter down just a bit so that the wheel can be put on or removed without removing the F/R knob. The wheel fits snugly enough that it wont fall off during normal operation of the mill.

There's more than just a hand wheel missing, if this is a Bridgeportish clone. Watch this video at about the 5:40 mark, and it'll give you an idea of what all it does.

Back