Nantong mill

More progress on the Nantong.

Have built a rotodyne converter and it's working great. Running the drill press and now the mill temporarily connected.

There is a problem with the wiring in the switch. Low speed works fine but not high speed. I've determined the motor uses delta connection on low
Double star on high speed. I finally get the motor to run on high I disconnected all the wires from the switch and went direct to the motor.
Success!!! This machine screams at top speed. 4800 RPM!! Where would a person ever need such speed?

So now I need the proper wiring diagram for the switch. I don't see any problem with the contacts. Went through all the contacts with a meter. Can actually see the contact move.

If anyone can help with the wiring diagram it would be much appreciated.

More progress on the Nantong.

Have built a rotodyne converter and it's working great. Running the drill press and now the mill temporarily connected.

There is a problem with the wiring in the switch. Low speed works fine but not high speed. I've determined the motor uses delta connection on low
Double star on high speed. I finally get the motor to run on high I disconnected all the wires from the switch and went direct to the motor.
Success!!! This machine screams at top speed. 4800 RPM!! Where would a person ever need such speed?

So now I need the proper wiring diagram for the switch. I don't see any problem with the contacts. Went through all the contacts with a meter. Can actually see the contact move.

If anyone can help with the wiring diagram it would be much appreciated.
Hang tough every one.

Found some info. This is a Kraus Naimer model C17 A442. There is a drawing on their site.

Haven't worked my way through the paths but I think there is a jumper missing 18-20. I know the motor is acting like single phase, not getting the third phase.

Attachments

• IMG_2930.JPG
    IMG_2930.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 99
  • C17 A442 switch.jpg
    C17 A442 switch.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 94
Hang tough every one.

Found some info. This is a Kraus Naimer model C17 A442. There is a drawing on their site.

Haven't worked my way through the paths but I think there is a jumper missing 18-20. I know the motor is acting like single phase, not getting the third phase.
That was it. One jumper missing for some unknown reason. Machine runs like a charm now. :)

Back