Near Charlotte, NC 01-28, Some real nice Equipment.

Chewy

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Thanks for the listing. Just joined. Charles

NCjeeper

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I have bid and won items from them. Decent outfit. Just beware they charge 15% buyer premium and 7% sales tax. So you will pay 22% over your winning bid so bid with that in mind.

middle.road

Granite Stoopid...
I have bid and won items from them. Decent outfit. Just beware they charge 15% buyer premium and 7% sales tax. So you will pay 22% over your winning bid so bid with that in mind.
I spent the day watching auctions. looks like 18% PLUS sales tax is the new way. So 25%+... Gone are the day of 10%?
This auction is 16 & 7.....

NCjeeper

Yeah always amuzing to see some bidders going after an item. And by the time it is done they have way over paid when you add the premium and sales tax.

middle.road

Granite Stoopid...
Yeah always amuzing to see some bidders going after an item. And by the time it is done they have way over paid when you add the premium and sales tax.
A couple, three years ago we were at one auction where some scumbag went off the rails, riling against the ladys at checkout for this. They had to call the police.

mmcmdl

Staff member
That HLV-H is sure nice . I just think it will soar as time runs out . :(

middle.road

Granite Stoopid...
They've updated the lathe listings with videos of the lathes under power.
I've fallen in love with #95 the Import-ish looking SB 1308, but not too sure about the sound in the video.
The Hardinge is whisper quiet as is one of the LeBlonds.

middle.road

Granite Stoopid...
That HLV-H is sure nice . I just think it will soar as time runs out . :(
Sitting @$7000 as of 2pm EST.
There was one last year that had come out of a research lab, it was gorgeous. IIRC it went for over $12K
They seem to be blowing right past the $10K mark.

mmcmdl

Staff member
$14,250 now with over 3 hours left .

Chewy

Went to auction and inspected items. Most everything are in very good condition, some close to excellent. In particular, I looked at SB1308 at request of middle.road. I listened to the machine and watched it run. IMO you are buying $1K of accessories and getting a free lathe. Currently at $1160. Will post some closing prices when I am able. Little mini lathe CF918 is fully loaded. Currently at $725. Same deal. all you need is metal to start turning. Already getting out bid on my stuff. Will see how it all shakes out.

mmcmdl

Staff member
The Hardinge would sure blow anyones hobby shop budget thru the roof , but none the less , very nice machine . :encourage:

Trying to log onto their site locks my puter up . Lets see what the HLVH goes for at 10 .

rwm

Active User
H-M Platinum Supporter
10 AM. The prices are already pretty high, especially when you figure in the buyers premium and the rigging and transporting. I am not sure what some of these people are thinking!
Robert

mmcmdl

Staff member
This is quite exciting , kinda like watching an Ebay item end ! :encourage: Yep , so the HLV-H is way over $17,000 with the fees and stuff . Maybe it'll break 20 Gs .

I'm sure their are a few trigger fingers shaking at this point . Putting in a maximum bid with a minute left is a guessing game , and these guys have been at it for weeks . Lets see how this ends up . Total now stand at just over $17,500 . :oops:

middle.road

Granite Stoopid...
Oddly - rigging, at least loading, was free at this one. Haven't seen that in ages.
Everything getting up there...

The SB1308 shot up to $3K as I submitted this. :(

Last edited:

mmcmdl

Staff member
I saw that . Time is running out . :grin:

rwm

Active User
H-M Platinum Supporter
Who is paying $190 plus fees for the butcher block tables?! That exact top is $219 at Lowes brand new! I bought 2 of those for $50 each.
Robert

mmcmdl

Staff member
Here we go .$14,500 with less than 10 minutes to go ! ( where is the eating popcorn imoji ) ? :grin:
$14750 now

middle.road

Granite Stoopid...
Who is paying $190 plus fees for the butcher block tables?! That exact top is $219 at Lowes brand new! I bought 2 of those for $50 each.
Robert
Yeah, Butcher block tables have been going high lately.

middle.road

Granite Stoopid...
#68 is still low. And I am tempted. But 4hrs each way to Charlotte, and load up and back.... pheeeeew

'My' SB1308 just hit $3550.... :cry:

Dang - look at the Heavy 10s

mmcmdl

Staff member
$15,250 on the Hardinge . 9 minutes left .

I just searched under the seats of all my vehicles . Unfortunately I couldn't come up with much . Oh, well , another slipps away . :grin:

middle.road

Granite Stoopid...
$15,250 on the Hardinge . 9 minutes left .

I just searched under the seats of all my vehicles . Unfortunately I couldn't come up with much . Oh, well , another slipps away . :grin:
SOFAS, RECLINERS! quick check them!

mmcmdl

Staff member
The hammer price was $15250
Well , with that being known ……………………………………...I can now go fix the toilet on my to do list .

I just had to make sure that I didn't " miss a deal " . :big grin:

Reactions: rwm

rwm

Active User
H-M Platinum Supporter
Not many good deals to be had. Charlotte does not have a lot of surplus tools going around like say, Michigan, Ohio, or the Northeast, so my theory is the prices get high because of supply/demand. Now if you want textile mill equipment....
Robert

Chewy

Some quick approximate prices, I may have missed the closing price:
55lb anvil $130 J-head Bridgeport's $1350 & 1950 Leblond 14x30 $3300 Butcher block work benches $120-220 Hardinge HLV-EM $15250
CF 918 mini lathe $1450 Tormach PCNC 1100 $8500 SB heavy's $3000 & 3350 SB1308 $3600
Micro Kenetics 1236 CNC lathe $3000 Peerless 14" band saw $525 Motor car gear head ZX-28 mill $1950 Hardinge D1-5C Chucks $180

Overall the equipment was in very good shape. Just went WAY to hell out of my price range. Plus 23% tax and buyers premium

middle.road

Granite Stoopid...
Here ya go Gents, from your friendly neighborhood geek.
I'm still working to tweak the format of the output, however it does show the prices, but I only got lots 1-132.
(Actually, I just loaded the auction in another browser and they are still showing the prices...)

001_CLT.....pdf has all the lots with prices, but not hot links
001full_CLT.....pdf - has the lots with links. Unfortunately it is one looooong page. Just have to zoom in.

Attachments

NCjeeper

Not many good deals to be had. Charlotte does not have a lot of surplus tools going around like say, Michigan, Ohio, or the Northeast, so my theory is the prices get high because of supply/demand. Now if you want textile mill equipment....
Robert
Yep pretty slim pickings. The only thing I bought close to Charlotte when I was living there was my Doall bandsaw. I actually got it from a guy in Midland. I think most of the small machine shops have closed up long ago so nothing comes up for sale.

It can take up to an hour for ads to appear on the page. See our code implementation guide for more details. If you already have Auto ad code on your pages there's no need to replace it with this code
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock