Nedd a little help ( Questions)

Can't thank you guys enough.....your help and information are invaluable.

Anyone else chime in

I'd like some information from you regarding why you have rejected the pallet jack option.
Some explanation why it's not a good option for you could be helpful to others, including myself.

I really couldn't see it in the video and as I said I am old and can barely understand how to turn my phone on versus even being close close to understanding a 1/3 of its capabilities. Didn't mean to offend anyone with what they offered or said.

I really couldn't see it in the video and as I said I am old and can barely understand how to turn my phone on versus even being close close to understanding a 1/3 of its capabilities. Didn't mean to offend anyone with what they offered or said.

I don't know what video you are referring to. Apparently you're not familiar with what a pallet jack is olr does. Below are links to a some videos showing pallet jack (same as pallet truck) basics.

There are lots of pallet jacks available at a wide price range. I have a few pallet jacks but the one I bought at Harbour Freight for about $200 has served me well. The current price at HF is $330 but wait for a sale. HF Pallet Jack

There are lots of sources for new and used pallet jacks. Ask if you want more help.

Being old is the best reason I can can think of to work smarter, not harder. YMMV
I'm not offended, just trying make my best advice clear.

How To Use a Pallet Truck

How To Use a Pallet Jack

Pallet Jack Use Technique

OK I have seen them before and have considered them. I just don't have enough room in my shop. This summer I even moved a bunch of stuff into a steel shipping container after I wired it for electricity...it is now full and in the spring of 2022 I am going to build onto my bluing room for a little more space.

I also just really need a project for this winter. We will have a good 4 months of weather and sometimes we can't get out.
We are very remote in montana.

ok, since you couldn't see the pallets I was referring to in the video, here they are.
Clipboard02.jpgClipboard01.jpg

I also considered doing what the OP is referring to, but I ultimately went with a pallet jack. By the time you buy all the stout hardware, you might be better off with a pallet jack as well. Then you have it for other moving tasks as well.

Put your Bridgeport on the ground after putting some thought into the location and leave it.
Bridgeports tend to be top heavy and raising it up on wheels is not a good idea.
Make everything else Mobil
CAUTION. This is an opinion based on decades of working in the maintenance and rebuilding/repair of machine tools.

Back