Need a longer parting tool

Mine is incapacitated at that moment. I parted till it got shaky, I'm going to see if the hand band saw has enough capacity, or hack saw it off.....

A rear mounted parting tool would cut that. I have been impressed at how far a parting tool can stick out without issues back there.

I won't be able to get to it till Monday, I need 2.250 stick out to part this.

How cute, your saw even has a little baby ... :)

Gotta keep em happy, they get lonely. :D

I miss that Enco saw. I regret selling it even though I got more than double what I paid for it. I should have gave it to my little brother. My buddy was mad that I didn't sell it to him. Wasn't thinking straight.

That pic was from the day I brought the MSC saw home. I went to MSC to pick up a few small items. Some how I came home with the saw. After I pulled all the carboard off the pallet I then realized I had no idea how I was going to unload it. Again wasn't thinking, too much excitement. Had to call some buddies to help unload it. Actually I did nothing, they went to work right when they got here & just lifted it of the truck.

20140415_144515.jpg

Mine is incapacitated at that moment. I parted till it got shaky, I'm going to see if the hand band saw has enough capacity, or hack saw it off.....

I remember when I used to strong arm (hacksaw) everything & didn't mind it. Then my buddy found that Enco for me. Used it a lot for just cutting stock & I parted whatever I could in the lathe. Now a days if I can cut it in the bandsaw I will. Funny how things change unexpectedly.

Back