Need a Manual!

Great Support!!, Just no manuals.:headscratch:

Yea, how do they expect joe nobody with no tech skills to hook the kit up!

Thankfully i was an EE for 10 years and can understand most the stuff if i wanted to crack it open and trace every thing out! But if there is a pin-out available why not just use that saves a bunch of time!

Page 33 in the 2009 Catalog "Manuals" hahaha http://www.microkinetics.com/catalog 2009.pdf

Looks like all the pinouts are there. Between the two diagrams I think you have the cable connections.

Yea, I want to make sure there are 2 different controller cards. If i go with a Break out board for mach 3 just need the stepper connections all the limits in/out are on the card.

This is going to be an interesting project. Read up on the Mach3 lathe functionality, I have heard of some problems with it, but have no personal experience with the lathe version. I've had both good and bad experience using it for other CNC projects.

Since I have their turn pro software on the computer that came with it I may just make me a cable... but no way will I pay 70.00 for a SCSI Cable with a DB25 and DB 9 Connector installed.

I hear what you're saying. But for me, I would just pay the money, I hate making up cables. I've done too many over the years.

Not to hard to make cables I have more time than money... and on principle! There is profit and there is I am going to retire off you attitude! If i have to trace it all down I will publish pin-out and if I build a cable will make the wiring available. I think i can still draw a schematic in eagle it's been years since i had done one but I think I can remember.

Look's like good will in the morning for a few cheap cables.

Started to build the cable I just put the basics together to get it to run. Had movement just a small issue with the MN400E showing that the limit switch for M2- is tripped with no limit switches hooked up. I should have it solved/fixed soon or will just get me a PMDX-126 and run eagle! I Was getting some mostly support from Microkinetics but that went south fast! I will post my review of the detailed kit install and my communications with Microkinetics when I get some extra free time!

Back