Need advice on boring bars for boring head

How safe is it to buy from aliexpress do they take PayPal? Just wondering what your thoughts were.
Using paypal they are GTG its like Ebay but buying direct from the manufacture. Shipping times are like two weeks. Reviews are garbage and probably the orders quantity. They seem to be a good alternative to Enco for tooling the home shop.

Last edited:
So how do I sharpen them?
I have a D-bit grinder. When grinding the side, I set it up so there is at least 10* of clearance under the cutting edge and 5* of back clearance. I grind all the bars in the set on that setup. Next, I grind 8* clearance on the end. I usually leave the corner sharp. Sometimes I need to grind the steel behind the carbide to get additional clearance. I do that free hand.

How safe is it to buy from aliexpress do they take PayPal? Just wondering what your thoughts were.
What AliExpress accepts for payments depends on the country you live in. In the netherlands I use ideal.
I recieved 0.008 mm accuracy ER16 collets, tested 5, found the best had a runout of 0.14 mm, complained and was fully refunded no need to return the item.
I also received an order where one of the items was the wrong item. Got only the price of the item refunded, not the shipping cost. So if shipping cost are unrealistic high or are not reduced when buying multiple items, I don't buy from that reseller.
Items that do not arrive will be refunded after a 90 days period.

I buy a lot from AliExpress especially insert and electronic components. Once I have found a reliable seller, I keep buying from this seller. I select specialized sellers not the I sell everything sellers.
I do nut but items that need a mains powersupply, I buy them in Europe, mostly Germany.
I also compare the prices on Amazon. 3D filament I buy mostly from Amazon.

Sometimes you get really garbage and sometimes it is super cheap and good. I buy 2 € a box (10 piece) TCMT inserts that I use for my most demanding (high quality finish) work making gear cutters on the lathe.

For professional users, I think the demand for constant and good quality products will only be fulfilled by a local trustworthy seller. They can't afford to waist time on unreliable sellers or bad (lesser) quality products.

Back