Need dimensions from some PM-932M owners

KevinRL

Registered
Registered
So I have a PM-932M on order from Precision Matthews. I should say on backorder. I've received the lathe (a PM-1022V) and gotten it up on a bench and ready to go. While the shop is still a mess and its still fairly warm here in Michigan I would like to go ahead and get a stand for the mill made as well so that I'm ready to go when it arrives come winter time.

However, I have one big snag. They have the dimensions for the bolt holes on their site but not the overall dimensions of the base of the machine (base of the mill itself, not the optional stand 'base') where it would sit on the chip tray or optional stand. I need to make sure that whatever I build now supports the edges of the machine casting. I emailed them and they responded very quickly but don't have one on hand right now due to the backorder and didn't have the dimensions saved anywhere.

So, I'm hoping some helpful 932 owner on here would be willing to get out their tape measure and help a guy out :high 5:!? At a minimum I need the basic X and Y dimensions of the milling machine footprint where it would touch the base/stand or a chip tray; as in the first picture.

Ideally, I would like to have a dimension to tell me where the bolt pattern is relative to the Y dimension of the base, which either A or B in the second picture should do. I would like to assume everything is symmetric side to side and that C and D are therefore unnecessary but I get carried away sometimes lol.

If anyone could help me out you would forever be my favorite member of the forum! :beer:
Thanks!

P.S. I shamelessly stole this picture from someone in order to mark up for this post. I hope they don't mind.

Attachments

• PM932_base_1.png
    PM932_base_1.png
    853.3 KB · Views: 7
  • PM932_base_2.png
    PM932_base_2.png
    815.2 KB · Views: 6
Thanks Brian! That other thread does indeed address my question. Not the answer I was hoping for, but I guess the safest course is to wait.

Sorry I didn’t find that on my own, I’m not well versed in using a forum and Google couldn’t find that with whatever key words I used.

Had you come across that before?

Back