Need help for shim in Tweco work clamp !

Cr2348455

Registered
Registered
Hi everyone,
I need a copper shim to fit at the bottom of the cable inside the Tweco CC 300 Junior work clamp I got from Ebay, to replace my old work clamp.
How thick does it need to be ?
This goes on the opposite side of bolt hold down.
any help greatly appreciated
JFCA086A3-91FB-4735-B77E-CF96C135171F.jpegE0A59D73-6595-4593-93ED-183C22C97537.jpeg

Thick enough so that you can tighten the screw without it bottoming out with the wire installed....

I split 1/2" copper pipe union , but seemed to thick.
I need a narrow piece with some flexibility to be able to get it seated without having to mess with that metal crimp.

Thick enough so that you can tighten the screw without it bottoming out with the wire installed....
Thanks
Would not the wire itself prevent the screw from bottoming out ?
Does this shim need to go halfway around the cable, like a cradle ?
The screw has a nice round smooth bottom.
Thank you

Maybe just a half-portion of the copper tubing? Just to help cradle the wire and keep the strands together
-M

Or maybe even a full cylinder of copper tubing(of the right size of course)
slipped over the wire and then squashed down would work for you. Actually your old
clamp looks salvagable to me.

Thanks
Is there a fix for the spring?
It does not allow enough opening by squeezing the handles.
I always need to use the leverage of the clamps bottom jaw and the corner of my welding table, which is fairly thin. It is just a 150.00 portable table.
Thanks

I see what you mean about the spring- design oversight :cupcake:
They put a more modern spring in the new version
-M

Last edited:
Thanks,
Not sure of the age of the used like new one I got from Ebay, but it certainly looks a lot newer than my original. Hoping this spring lasts, I never notice the work clamp getting hot, but I usually run 5/32" 7018 at 170-180 amps, never anywhere near the maximum output of the Dialarc hf.

Back