Need help with inserts

Brento

Registered
Registered
I have this Kennametal insert turning tool i got on facebook. It came with an insert and now i am trying to find more for replacements. I know i got so far CNMG1.531 but doesnt seem right when i try to look up inserts idk if it is because it isnt the ISO number? Any help would be great. Pictures below to maybe help. Thickness is roughly 3/16.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

^^^
Yep, maybe a 431 looking at the sharp corners.

The one corner was modified but thank you. Ive tried following a chart to figure them out but obviously i got a wrong number

David P. Best's book is good for referencing these things. I did a quick search for letter designations for types of material a bit is used for. I never got the correct search term. The chart is in David's book....

I can figure out the letters for which one for the most part. But to get the insert size is where i always screw up.

Yup those are it. I found a set of Iscar inserts on ebay for 30$ for 10. Debating on buying them. Now i need to jump the band wagon of designing a tool to use the other 4 sides of the insert.

I have a few Brent , depending on what you're looking for . :grin: I didn't know your lathe would take that big of a cutter . ???

Or , are you planning to dovetail it ?

I ordered tools for those inserts, including the orphan edge and a boring bar, before it dawned on me that I wasn't tooling a 7.5 hp lathe. The boring bar gets used occasionally, mostly in back gear.

Back