[4]

Need help with Jet BD-1325R lathe Catalog number 321366

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

astjp2

Active User
Registered
Greetings all, I am lucky enough to have purchased a clean Jet lathe from a co-worker who's father owned it for the last 30 or so years. It had minimal use and I am excited to get it set up in the garage. Unfortunately the original manual is missing and I have not found a source online. I am hoping that I the collet closer I picked up a few years ago will fit it. If so I think I will spend the money on a full 1/64" collet set.

So if anyone has a link to a manual or any information on this lathe, I would greatly appreciate it. Tim

astjp2

Active User
Registered
Yes, I can afford it, but I was hoping someone would have one they could share. I got it in the garage and the table anchored to the wall. Now I need to figure out if its wired for 220 or 110. The previous owner used an oddball plug so I need to check the wiring and verify. I also need to get the QCTP t nut machined to fit the compound rest. Then I can start making a few things. Tim

Nogoingback

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
And of course, we need to see some pictures...

astjp2

Active User
Registered
So the owner found the original documentation, it was purchased in 1982, and its funny, the original manual that came with the machine was the wrong one. So I downloaded the Ozark woodworking manual, which is correct. Now I need to get a MT5 to 5c adapter and then get someone to shorten my 5c collet closer draw bar to the correct length when I get the spline adapter in from Jet.

My next major project will also include me having to put in 220 power into the garage, I dont like the idea of having to bury conduit but I wont have much choice in the matter.

Tim IMG_0021.jpg IMG_0025.jpg

astjp2

Active User
Registered
I now need to find a set of metric transposing gears and a few other parts that were not found at the original owners home. It looks like Grizzly and about 10 other companies imported this lathe. Anyone have a MT5 to 5c adapter they are willing to sell? Tim

[6]
[5] [7]