Need info before buying a new mill

Those CI bases are pretty new -only been out for about a year. If Matt does not know, I'd put out a call for info on this list.

Ray

The PM932 comes standard with the cast iron base from what I have seen on the web site

Ok, I know Matt is pretty busy, but I will try to reach him on the phone tomorrow and see if he can take some measurements and make a quick sketch for the overall dimensions and bolt patterns.

Or maybe someone has the cast iron base and is willing to share the information?

Once its done Ill post a step by step procedure with some pictures. It might help others in the future.

I just ordered a 932pdf from Matt also. :)) I too would appreciate the dimensions for the base so I can build a rolling stand. I would also like to know what the total height of the machine is so I can make room for it in my shop. If you talk to Matt before I do I would appreciate if you could ask for those dimensions and post them here. If I talk to him first I'll do the same.

cheers,

John

I just ordered a 932pdf from Matt also. :)) I too would appreciate the dimensions for the base so I can build a rolling stand. I would also like to know what the total height of the machine is so I can make room for it in my shop. If you talk to Matt before I do I would appreciate if you could ask for those dimensions and post them here. If I talk to him first I'll do the same.

cheers,

John

Dimensions of the bottom on MY base attached. I say mine, because the hole spacing isn't exactly symmetrical and I imagine they will all vary a little. However, the length and width should be the same.
9vh0so.jpg

M

9vh0so.jpg

Hi John,
As 7HC said, the holes position can vary. Matt got back to me with some dimensions and both base length/width and hole position are slightly different than those from 7hc. I will make the frame but wait until the machine gets here before drilling the holes. I would advise you do the same to prevent having to "slot" the holes to get a fit.

Hope this shows I am trying tapatalk on my phone.

Thanks guys, has either of you had time to measure the total height yet? I'm trying to determine the best place in my shop for the mill and there are different celing heights in some places.

Thanks

John

Last edited:
Thanks guys, has either of you had time to measure the toal height yet? I trying to determine the best place in my shop for the mill and there a different celing heights in some places.

Thanks

John

It'll be a few days.....still working on setting up the base.

M

Also Matt told me the 932's table is about 33" high. It is a bit low IMO so I would take this into consideration when building the roll frame.

I heard from Matt today, the total height is 82" with the head fully raised. I guess it would be wise to wait for the machine to arrive before starting on the base. I'm headed out for a week of camping, no cell phone or computer access. Matt has promised delivery for Monday the 26th, just after I return so we'll see.

Cheers,

John

Back