Need info on a good oxy/acteylene set up for brazing

Yes, I forgot that step. Back the regulators all the way off so they don’t get hammered next time you open the tanks.

John
I started doing this today. I'm just shutting down the tank nozzles and not bleeding the hose thru the torch cause I'm a parsimonious (cheap) yankee and Verboten said he had performed 50 years of funded testing. So thanks I'll go back off the regs right now. By the way I'm down to 4 lb of A and 5 O and I think I should go lower - prob try 3-4 tomorrow if that's not frowned upon. Trying to be safe but already took flash arrestors out the loop. I got torch end and with a little airline torch just made everything too gommy. I guess I'll have to re-order some for the tank end.

I started doing this today. I'm just shutting down the tank nozzles and not bleeding the hose thru the torch cause I'm a parsimonious (cheap) yankee and Verboten said he had performed 50 years of funded testing. So thanks I'll go back off the regs right now. By the way I'm down to 4 lb of A and 5 O and I think I should go lower - prob try 3-4 tomorrow if that's not frowned upon. Trying to be safe but already took flash arrestors out the loop. I got torch end and with a little airline torch just made everything too gommy. I guess I'll have to re-order some for the tank end.
Make sure when you open your OX you open the valve fully.

OX is a very small molecule and will bleed past the gland in the valve stem. Due to this the valve on this tank has two seats, one to close off the gas flow and a second top seat to prevent gas from leaking around the stem gland.

Its possible to lose all of your OX (Well, most) if you were to leave your valve cracked with no gas flow due to this.

Acet only gets 1/4 turn open for safety so you can shut it in a hurry if need be.

Back