Need input from guys using the Banggood etal OXA wedge style tool post. What tool post wrench do you use?

Cresent wrench but going to make a nut and handle setup like the wedge cam someday. You could weld a handle to the nut until you get around to making a nut handle.

Cresent wrench but going to make a nut and handle setup like the wedge cam someday. You could weld a handle to the nut until you get around to making a nut handle.
Honestly, I don't recommend that. Too many levers in one place.

I'm just trying to save the headache of making a custom handle, and was hoping for a quick solution.

If I have to make one Ill make a batch of them and offer them for sale.

A 21/32 wrench should work well. About .006 larger, if the hex/12-point isn't sloppy. This is not a common size nowadays, but many older socket sets included one. I've seen this size included in imported socket sets of fairly recent manufacture. Model A Ford connecting rod nuts used this hex size.

Maybe hand grind it down a bit so 5/8” or 16 mm.

Sometimes the cheap stuff needs a bit of modification to work. Price we pay for cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, but wrong size.
Tried to see what size it was
Thanks, but wrong size.
tried to see what size it was from the link. Description said

Lathe Swing​
6-9’’​

So I assumed it was AXA. I’d make sure it’s an OXA if that’s what you want since I assume returns will be harder than Amazon.

John

If you are just talking the nut that holds down the tool post on the rest instead of the tool holder lock/release. I found a drop head wrench and cut the handle short as it was a double ended wrench. Works very well and since it is a drop head it is out of the way of the tool post release handle.

1700489654886.jpeg

What wrench are you using to turn and secure the tool post?

It measures at 16.5mm and I cant find a wrench that size.

Good price right now.

Unit in question. Machfit
Do you know the nut thread size and pitch? Coarse, medium or fine pitch? (M10 is available in 1.0, 1.25, and 1.5 pitches)
If so, can you simply order a more standard size across the flats? Does the nut have to be long?
If all else fails make a nut that you like, with or without a handle. If it was me, I'd make a flange nut, or buy one.

Or, you could mill down the nut to 16mm. Lots of ways to solve the problem.

Back